AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
Is it back to we can only post positives when we win games because we won, so everything must have been right/correct?

Let's keep in mind it's the Orioles we're playing, not the Tigers.

I don't care what people post, as long as we're still free to reply to it. And please, for the love of god, don't try and sell me on the Tigers being some great team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:19 AM)
Then why do you support the bunt?

I don't want us to bunt only because our guys can't bunt. I understand the situations in which he sometimes wants to bunt. That is my confusion on that issue. I've said Oz deserves scorn because he's calling for the bunt and not demanding they learn how to bunt.

Also we have NOT until this trip been bombing multiple homers. If we can start hitting home runs like this, whether we bunt or not will be inconsequential.

Extra innings in Cleveland.

2-2.

That darned Below for the Tiggers had something like a no-hitter going if you put together his last 3 relief appearances in a row.

Durbin was great too, despite a 6+ season ERA.

7 innings of shutout ball from both teams' relief corps

Still tied going into the bottom of the 11th. Al Albuquerque has incredible IP/H and K/9 numbers. Something like a .145 average against.

BTW, the last three games of the season, Cleveland is in Detroit. Hopefully we can sneak away with the division while they're beating up each other like tonight.

Interestingly, DET didn't bunt the leadoff hitter (Cabrera) on base in the top of the inning and Raburn up. Same situation, Carerra walked and Brantley moved him to 2nd. CLE has 2 chances to win now. Crosses fingers for 4 GB and not a tie for 2nd place with CLE, 5 GB.

Foul ball by a matter of feet...Kipnis almost won it down the line with a walkoff homer.

Edited by caulfield12

Both key elements of that play (Pauley and Fukudome) were acquired at the deadline.

Kosuke was awful in the game but they somehow managed to win, probably the most important game of the season (for CLE) after blowing 4 late inning leads in 7 games on their recent road trip.

Too bad the Twins lost again. Not!

Edited by caulfield12

C'mon Charlie Brown, kick the football. Oops, what happened?

The winning run was the Indians' first since they scored two in the first inning. The game started at 7:06 p.m. and ended at 1:52 a.m. It was the Tribe's 13th walk-off win at home. They are 18-14 in games decided in the last at-bat. The Indians managed just three hits in the last 13 innings. The win went Frank Herrmann (3-0), the seventh and final reliever to pitch for the Tribe. If the game had gone to the 15th inning, Josh Tomlin was warming to enter. cleveland.com/sports

Choo likely to come back next week. Sizemore, possibly back in September.

12 in a row at home against DET. Let's go, Indians. At least for 2 more games.

Or do we want CLE to split with Verlander winning the final game? Sweeping DET would seem to be the preferable result, even if it keeps them in front of us.

By the way, I bet not too many teams in MLB history have made the playoffs with a record of more than 5 games under .500 at home and more than 5 games over .500 on the road.

Solutions?

Stay in a hotel for home games and bus over together? Play in Milwaukee? Black/alternate jerseys at home? Switch dugouts? Tell Carlos to quit being "so intense" in front of home crowds, where he has sucked this season...and Gordon the last couple of years?? Trick Gavin into thinking home games are road games....like in "Goodbye, Lenin!"???

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:46 AM)
C'mon Charlie Brown, kick the football. Oops, what happened?

The winning run was the Indians' first since they scored two in the first inning. The game started at 7:06 p.m. and ended at 1:52 a.m. It was the Tribe's 13th walk-off win at home. They are 18-14 in games decided in the last at-bat. The Indians managed just three hits in the last 13 innings. The win went Frank Herrmann (3-0), the seventh and final reliever to pitch for the Tribe. If the game had gone to the 15th inning, Josh Tomlin was warming to enter. cleveland.com/sports

Choo likely to come back next week. Sizemore, possibly back in September.

12 in a row at home against DET. Let's go, Indians. At least for 2 more games.

Or do we want CLE to split with Verlander winning the final game? Sweeping DET would seem to be the preferable result, even if it keeps them in front of us.

By the way, I bet not too many teams in MLB history have made the playoffs with a record of more than 5 games under .500 at home and more than 5 games over .500 on the road.

Solutions?

Stay in a hotel for home games and bus over together? Play in Milwaukee? Black/alternate jerseys at home? Switch dugouts? Tell Carlos to quit being "so intense" in front of home crowds, where he has sucked this season...and Gordon the last couple of years?? Trick Gavin into thinking home games are road games....like in "Goodbye, Lenin!"???

Before each home game, give every fan the hat of the opposing team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:38 AM)
Or t-shirts with the color of the opposing team, reverse "black out."

Obviously having more Yankees or Red Sox fans in the stadium SHOULD HAVE made them feel like they were on the road but that didn't exactly work out well.

Seriously. That Yankees stadium did feel like a road series with all of their fans in their. Embarrassing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
7) Santos is becoming a monster

Uh, he's already a monster. He has the nastiest out pitch in baseball.

I thought it was interesting reading the article about him vs Marmol in the paper yesterday, Santos has been a much better pitcher so far in his career than Marmol was at this point, not to mention outperforming him this season.