What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?

Steve9347

For me it's eels. They freak me the f*** out. They give me the heebie-jeebies. We were snorkeling off black rock in Maui, and I guess my wife saw one while I was following a giant sea turtle around; she was smart enough to not point it out!

FimbriatedMorayEel0306.jpg

Yeah, f*** that s***.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was cave crickets. I had never seen them before (growing up in Chicago, the only cricket I knew was the standard black garden cricket). I moved into a basement room in a house in DC a couple years. A couple days in and I'm in my bathroom and I see one of these guys on the wall a foot from my face at eye level. From then on, one of these guys would always jump up at me when I turned a lot on or opened the door to my closet, etc. While innocent and harmless, these things look like something out of a Resident Evil video game.

cave_cricket_jackie.jpg

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Snakes. Thing is I'm not "scared" of them. There's just something about them. And it doesn't help that I've had about 34743763476234 nightmares of getting swallowed whole by a giant Anaconda.

Ok, Indy!

Centipedes are really the only bug that bothers me. I'm not scared, I have to kill them all the time in my house, but they creep me the f*** out.

As far as everything else, sting rays and jellyfish. Those are probably my 2 worst fears in life.

Hey Steve, I just almost died on my way home from the dog park because some stupid cat was playing Frogger in the middle of a busy street. He safely made it to the median, then decided to jump BACK into traffic and almost caused a 5-car pileup.

I managed to avoid the poor thing, but I immediately thought of you and your love of these furry creatures.

Not to hijack the thread, but what is the call on something like this (when a cat or a squirrel runs into traffic)? Does one swerve or brake (or both) and make every effort to avoid the creature, or do you just continue and pray you don't hit it, but also ensure you don't endanger yourself or other drivers?

And yes, if it is a dog in the road, I would probably flip my car over and die in a fiery wreck from performing evasive maneuvers before hitting it.