What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?

Steve9347

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Not to hijack the thread, but what is the call on something like this (when a cat or a squirrel runs into traffic)? Does one swerve or brake (or both) and make every effort to avoid the creature, or do you just continue and pray you don't hit it, but also ensure you don't endanger yourself or other drivers?

And yes, if it is a dog in the road, I would probably flip my car over and die in a fiery wreck from performing evasive maneuvers before hitting it.

To me, cats and dogs get all consideration and must be avoided like the plague, while anything else is "within reason".

Centipedes and long-legged spiders. Also, kind of weird, but I hate the common housefly.

housefly.jpg

The buzzing noise when they fly makes my skin crawl, and all I can think of is what diseases they're probably carrying. The flyswatter is one of my favorite worldly possessions.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

I hate spiders. I stomped the s*** out of baby gecko the other day because I thought it was a damn house spider. Felt kind of s***ty about that.

I love snakes. When I was a kid, I would catch little harmless garter snakes in the backyard. I would wrap them around my arm, cover them with the sleeve and then go around and fling them out at my mother/brother/random girls in the neighborhood. They loved that s***.

my wife told me a horror story of one of the former managers at her restaurant getting one of those malicious parasites in her bloodstream from getting a cut while washing a dish. Within 3 hours the parasite had already taken a hold and was eating her skin from the inside out. 8 months after she came out of the hospital, my wife said her skin looked transparent on her arm up to her shoulder and you could see the muscle underneath.

The doctors said if it wouldnt have mattered even if she washed it immediately and applied some sort of alcohol based substance on the wound, it was just random chance that something was in the water.

So yea, that scares the s*** out of me too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
my wife told me a horror story of one of the former managers at her restaurant getting one of those malicious parasites in her bloodstream from getting a cut while washing a dish. Within 3 hours the parasite had already taken a hold and was eating her skin from the inside out. 8 months after she came out of the hospital, my wife said her skin looked transparent on her arm up to her shoulder and you could see the muscle underneath.

The doctors said if it wouldnt have mattered even if she washed it immediately and applied some sort of alcohol based substance on the wound, it was just random chance that something was in the water.

So yea, that scares the s*** out of me too

Yeah, anything getting inside you and eating you from the inside out is creepier than s***.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
House centipedes. If you've lived in an apartment in Chicago you know what I'm talking about.

I remember once when I was very young one of those was just sitting on a wall scaring the s*** out of us kids. My dad took a vacuum cleaner and made it disappear, but the sound it made as it got sucked in will be with me forever. I kind of chuckle when girls go in a panic and get on a chair if there is a mouse, but then I realize that I would probably do the same if I saw one of those hellspawn crawl by on the floor right now.