8/11 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
Lotta faith for 1 good start

Not faith in Santiago, as much as lack of faith in Humber and Hector seems like the best of the trash heap of minor league starters that the Sox have haha

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
He didn't have any starts while here. He just had the one long mop up session.

I meant yesterday's performance. Hasn't he struggled since getting sent back down? I was under the impression that yesterday's outing was his first good outing in AA since coming back down.

That's the hard part. You have no idea the marching orders that the team left him with. They could have told him work on the fastball or something like that which could be affecting his numbers. They could have changed an arm slot, or a grip or something else that he is working on. Or it could be the layoff.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
No one listens to me.

Since getting sent down, here are his lines.

2.2 IP, 2 ER.

3.1 IP, 1 ER, 4 BB.

3.2 IP, 4 ER

5 IP, 1 ER

7 IP, 4 ER.

Really doesn't look like a guy I'd call ready to jump 2 levels.

Nope, it just looks like a guy who is easing back in to a starting job after being relegated to a relief spot where he only appeared twice in 3 weeks or so.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
Nope, it just looks like a guy who is easing back in to a starting job after being relegated to a relief spot where he only appeared twice in 3 weeks or so.

I tend to agree, but Santiago came out of nowhere this year. He made one professional start before this year and wasn't a dominant reliever. You could almost as easily say his first half this year was an aberration and his more recent results are more indicative of the pitcher he is instead of saying the recent starts are the aberration.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
That's the hard part. You have no idea the marching orders that the team left him with. They could have told him work on the fastball or something like that which could be affecting his numbers. They could have changed an arm slot, or a grip or something else that he is working on. Or it could be the layoff.

This