Zambrano retires?

fathom

The Cubs are supposedly calling his bluff. You can't make this stuff up, too funny. Either way, there are 18 million reasons why he doesn't retire. I didn't realize how bad he has gotten, first time with an ERA over 4. Way to throw at a hall of famer just cause you gave up 5 home runs. At least this will keep people from talking about Bruce f***ing Chen in Chicago

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
It figures. Hopefully he stays gone.

I hope he comes back. Anything tying up that much Cubs money for those results is fine by me. I do have the feeling the Big Z is eventually going to wind up with Ozzie, with that team paying him about minimum, wherever that may be.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
The Cubs are supposedly calling his bluff. You can't make this stuff up, too funny. Either way, there are 18 million reasons why he doesn't retire. I didn't realize how bad he has gotten, first time with an ERA over 4. Way to throw at a hall of famer just cause you gave up 5 home runs. At least this will keep people from talking about Bruce f***ing Chen in Chicago

Who is the hall of famer he threw at?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
And the entire Atlanta bench came out after that.. You wanna talk about respect for a man.

and not a single person got up off the Cubs bench. You wanna talk about lack of respect for a man.

Even Aramis was quoted as saying he had no idea why Z threw at him, the Braves had done nothing wrong.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
The sad thing is with the dollar situation on the south side for next year, I could see Z on the sox next year with the cubs picking up ass loads of the deal or taking someone like Rios to get him away from the cubs.

Absolutely

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
The sad thing is with the dollar situation on the south side for next year, I could see Z on the sox next year with the cubs picking up ass loads of the deal or taking someone like Rios to get him away from the cubs.

Zambrano and AJ on the same team....hahhaaaa...yeah...that'll work. What's really sad is Zambrano is still a better hitter than Rios and Dunn right now...and Beckham.