Marty34

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
NOBODY likes Cowley. The guy's a douche. It's not just Soxtalk.

Your posting style as of late (especially the Hollywood crap) is basically what Cowley does.

Meh, I don't mind the guy. He is a douche, but if you take his ramblings at face value, he can be entertaining.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
He's right though, you have to look at Beckham and Alexei as well. I like Gordon, I think he's a good guy and I love his defense and his hustle, but his plate appearances are almost uncomfortable to watch. Alexei hit .220 in July and is hitting .205 in August. Just brutal.

I think it's downright criminal the pass guys like Beckham and Morel have gotten around here. Who cares that they don't make any money. They play every day and have been atrocities offensively.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
I think it's downright criminal the pass guys like Beckham and Morel have gotten around here. Who cares that they don't make any money. They play every day and have been atrocities offensively.

I think it's downright criminal that the same person can be as prospect/draft obsessed as you are and then simultaneously totally unwilling to have young guys who struggle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
I think it's downright criminal that the same person can be as prospect/draft obsessed as you are and then simultaneously totally unwilling to have young guys who struggle.

There's struggling and being the equivalent to an NL pitcher. Beckham has regressed every which way from 2009. And he's not 21. He'll be 25 come September. Morel has been putrid. Not just bad. Brian Anderson bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
There's struggling and being the equivalent to an NL pitcher. Beckham has regressed every which way from 2009. And he's not 21. He'll be 25 come September. Morel has been putrid. Not just bad. Brian Anderson bad.

I assume you're ready to give me a lecture about how the Royals never should have drafted Moustakas and he's a total waste? He's on the Royals and he can't even hold down their starting 3b job. Or how stupid the Blue Jays were to trade for Kyle Drabek? I mean Drabek has a WHIP of 1.78. He's putrid. Not just bad, Brian Anderson is a better pitcher than him.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
What's funny was Hawk saying the other day that Morel was ahead of Crede at the same stages of their careers. Big market teams don't have time to wait on a prospect like Morel, who one day may be servicable, but doesn't have upside much more than that.

Which is why the Yankees traded away Brett Gardner and all those catchers. Because they didn't have time to wait on them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
I assume you're ready to give me a lecture about how the Royals never should have drafted Moustakas and he's a total waste? He's on the Royals and he can't even hold down their starting 3b job. Or how stupid the Blue Jays were to trade for Kyle Drabek? I mean Drabek has a WHIP of 1.78. He's putrid. Not just bad, Brian Anderson is a better pitcher than him.

Where do you get this idea that I pimp every single prospect from every single team? Both the guys you've named have been disappointments this year. Matt Wieters has been the biggest disappointment of them all. He's a stud defensively. But offensively he's lacking.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Where do you get this idea that I pimp every single prospect from every single team? Both the guys you've named have been disappointments this year. Matt Wieters has been the biggest disappointment of them all. He's a stud defensively. But offensively he's lacking.

Oh, so you only pimp Blue Jays prospects other than the ones who struggle, I see.

If you pay any attention to this game at all...the number of guys who come up, succeed right away, wind up making all star teams, and then never go through a period of struggling is miniscule, yet you expect exactly that from the White Sox, and you judge the fact that this doesn't happen to be a fireable offense. By your standards Justin Verlander would be an utter disappointment because he put up an ERA of nearly 5 in 2008.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)

In all fairness, you did pimp the entire Royals farm system earlier this year, saying when Hosmer, Moustakas, & Co. joined the club they would go on an Atlanta Braves type run.

And you've also pimped Drabek a lot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Oh, so you only pimp Blue Jays prospects other than the ones who struggle, I see.

If you pay any attention to this game at all...the number of guys who come up, succeed right away, wind up making all star teams, and then never go through a period of struggling is miniscule, yet you expect exactly that from the White Sox, and you judge the fact that this doesn't happen to be a fireable offense. By your standards Justin Verlander would be an utter disappointment because he put up an ERA of nearly 5 in 2008.

Bulls***. I never said that Beckham/Morel had to be Cano/Longoria. I wiped the slate clean with Beckham coming into this year. Suffice it to say he's failed miserably. Morel? He's been Chone Figgins bad. I don't agree with picking on the guys that make a lot of money and making excuses for the guys that make 500K. You ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
In all fairness, you did pimp the entire Royals farm system earlier this year, saying when Hosmer, Moustakas, & Co. joined the club they would go on an Atlanta Braves type run.

And you've also pimped Drabek a lot.

Who didn't hype up that system? And most of their guys haven't even had a full year in the bigs yet.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
Who didn't hype up that system? And most of their guys haven't even had a full year in the bigs yet.

I pointed it out because Balta's example was Moustakas, who has been quite awful.

I remember when I wanted Kila Ka'aihue for this team. Man, he didn't work out either.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
I pointed it out because Balta's example was Moustakas, who has been quite awful.

I remember when I wanted Kila Ka'aihue for this team. Man, he didn't work out either.

He's been straight garbage. I have no problem admitting that. It annoys me that I seemingly hate only White Sox prospects. If come October and we're sitting at home watching other teams play for the 9th time in 11 years under KW, I'm not going to put it all on Dunn/Rios/Peavy. Beckham/Morel will be on my s***list as well.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
He's been straight garbage. I have no problem admitting that. It annoys me that I seemingly hate only White Sox prospects. If come October and we're sitting at home watching other teams play for the 9th time in 11 years under KW, I'm not going to put it all on Dunn/Rios/Peavy. Beckham/Morel will be on my s***list as well.

Fair enough, but part of that comes with the territory of this being a Sox site, so of course you will appear to hate on Sox prospects more, because it's not worth your time to get on other systems prospects and instead only point out the good ones.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
He's right though, you have to look at Beckham and Alexei as well. I like Gordon, I think he's a good guy and I love his defense and his hustle, but his plate appearances are almost uncomfortable to watch. Alexei hit .220 in July and is hitting .205 in August. Just brutal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

Let's face it. It's late enough to say it's just not our year.

Ozzie I'd say is 80-20 gone after this season and KW is 100 percent gone with Hahn taking over.

So hopefully next year these guys who had bad seasons (Lexi, Beckham, Rios, Dunn, Morel) will get their acts together. Hopefully the new GM won't re-up Juan and Omar and we can move on.

A new hitting coach should be a breath of fresh air (steal Seitzer from KC please) and hopefully the new manager believes more in fundamentals like making sure the bunters can bunt.

Nobody on the team has had a career year hitting except Paulie maybe.

It's not our year.

Hopefully this year helps Morel's bat in the future cause Morel CAN FIELD. He's amazing there.

If Beckham hits .250 again next year, and Lexi keeps sucking, yes we have a problem cause Rios/Dunn are hopeless.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Bulls***. I never said that Beckham/Morel had to be Cano/Longoria. I wiped the slate clean with Beckham coming into this year. Suffice it to say he's failed miserably. Morel? He's been Chone Figgins bad. I don't agree with picking on the guys that make a lot of money and making excuses for the guys that make 500K. You ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

In that case, you need to stop paying attention to prospects, period. Because they're almost never part of the solution right out of the gate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Yup. KC's hitting coach. That's a team where they're killing the ball and all their guys are developing like crazy.

You don't like Seitzer? Wow.

Hitting has not been KC's problem.