8/13 games

danman31

Trayce Thompson hit his 20th homer today for Kannapolis; I know his average is still pretty low and K rate is still high but I think if we're patient enough with him he'll develop into a pretty good ballplayer.

The Winston-Salem team should be fun to follow next season, it's going to be packed with some interesting prospects.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Trayce Thompson hit his 20th homer today for Kannapolis; I know his average is still pretty low and K rate is still high but I think if we're patient enough with him he'll develop into a pretty good ballplayer.

Also has a high BB rate. He's developing his power and showing patience very nicely this year. Still has things to work on of course, but this year has not been a total bust for him at all.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)

The Winston-Salem team should be fun to follow next season, it's going to be packed with some interesting prospects.

I agree on both points. Kanny has a pretty exciting lineup right now. Hopefully we can churn out a few really nice hitting prospects down the road from this group.

I'm holding out hope with Thompson because he has shown significant improvement in an area of his offensive game each year as a pro. Remember, he's younger than Keenyn Walker.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
I'm holding out hope with Thompson because he has shown significant improvement in an area of his offensive game each year as a pro. Remember, he's younger than Keenyn Walker.

No doubt, I'm a believer in Trayce, he's got some good skills and a great frame that will hopefully fill out over the next couple of years.

Somewhat off topic, I've noticed that a lot of Sox fans are overly pessimistic about our farm system and have a tendency to be really impatient with most of the prospects. With the growing depth in our lower levels I hope that perception changes, I think that the team in Kanny is indicative of the direction that our farm system is headed, so their should be some optimism.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
He really is a Jared Mitchell clone :gosoxretro:

Mitchell at age 20, had 40 K's in 115 ABs in Kanny. (.296/.417/.435/.852)

Walker (just turned 21) , has 26 K's in only 65 ABs (.182/.260/.212/.472)

And Rangel Ravalo is hitting everything in sight. Needs to show an ounce of power though, but good to see.