Changes Looming If No Postseason

Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
I believe this to be true. Maybe a modified re-build, swapping Quentin for Viciedo, dealing Danks or Floyd and resigning Buehrle would still be enough to lure LaRussa given the relationship he has with Chairman Reinsdorf.

Say no to Larussa

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
The only bad year of his career was with the Sox. What does that tell you?

I wish knew that answer. Even Mark T., even though a bad player regressed here. Coop seems to get a good season or two out of a pitcher, so maybe Ozzie and Walker have something to do with it.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
The only one I could see really coming close to earning their salary is Dunn, I just think Peavy will have too many arm issues (leading to injuries or lack of consistent good pitches) and Rios, well I thought he was garbage a year ago.

Is the arm really the Peavy issue? Seems it was other injuries. Unless you consider the feeak shoulder muscle injury and arm injury?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Is the arm really the Peavy issue? Seems it was other injuries. Unless you consider the feeak shoulder muscle injury and arm injury?

I don't think he'll have the endurance or stuff anymore, but that's just me (and not close worth to the $17 million he'll be making).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
I don't think he'll have the endurance or stuff anymore, but that's just me (and not close worth to the $17 million he'll be making).

No, that's not just you. That's pretty much the only conclusion one can reach. He's clearly not the same pitcher he was with San Diego.

And at this point, he could win every game he starts for the remainder of his contract with the White Sox, and I still am not sure he would be worth what we will have paid him over the life of the contract since we acquired him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
No, that's not just you. That's pretty much the only conclusion one can reach. He's clearly not the same pitcher he was with San Diego.

And at this point, he could win every game he starts for the remainder of his contract with the White Sox, and I still am not sure he would be worth what we will have paid him over the life of the contract since we acquired him.

If he went 34-0 over a full season? That would be worth a lot. :lol:

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Honestly, what would that be worth? like $50 million maybe?

Depends, does said record come with a World Series title? The only thing that will redeem Peavy is playoff domination. Could happen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
Cards fans I know hate LaRussa. He's like the exact opposite of Ozzie in a bad way - he overthinks EVERYTHING and tries to put his signature on every game.

I see no way LaRussa returns. Where does this talk come from?

So what if Jerry and he like each other? He's been Cards manager forever and they are going to want him back. So it's a matter of wanting to be a manager or not. If he wants to be a manager still, he'll stay in Looie. Any proof to the contrary?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 04:31 AM)

So what if Jerry and he like each other? He's been Cards manager forever and they are going to want him back. So it's a matter of wanting to be a manager or not. If he wants to be a manager still, he'll stay in Looie. Any proof to the contrary?

I don't see any way LaRussa after 32 years as a big league manager with two WCs under his belt, starts over as a manager for the Sox next year.

I see LaRussa's next move being a front office position, and given JRs itchiness to hire LaRussa back, and recent history of making 'out-of-the box' (read: wierd) hires, would it not be entierly possible that he could hand Tony the GM job? I have this feeling that Rick Hahn will NOT be the next Sox GM. The shrapnel from the awful Kenny moves of recent years may have damagaed Hahn's luster from Jerry's perspective.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
I don't see any way LaRussa after 32 years as a big league manager with two WCs under his belt, starts over as a manager for the Sox next year.

I see LaRussa's next move being a front office position, and given JRs itchiness to hire LaRussa back, and recent history of making 'out-of-the box' (read: wierd) hires, would it not be entierly possible that he could hand Tony the GM job? I have this feeling that Rick Hahn will NOT be the next Sox GM. The shrapnel from the awful Kenny moves of recent years may have damagaed Hahn's luster from Jerry's perspective.

That's a great possibility. He might be an interim manager then moved into the office.

It's pretty obvious Oz is off to Florida.

I don't want LaRussa. I wonder who would be the best choice.

It has to be somebody who is not afraid to make really tough decisions.

Our new manager has to turn Dunn/Rios into bench players/subs. That's not easy for a first-year manager.

So it probably should be an older guy.

One year of McKeon?

Dusty Baker?

Cito Gaston?

What old guy can we hire?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
With the lack of passion that this team shows on a regular basis, I can't believe anyone still defends and wants to keep Ozzie.

How many Guillen defenders are there? I have no problem with him being let go. I'd have a problem if it stopped with him (and his coaches).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
With the lack of passion that this team shows on a regular basis, I can't believe anyone still defends and wants to keep Ozzie.

I could see blaming that on Guillen if it were a bunch of kids but these are veterans. Then again I'm starting to think Ozzie is a boisterous version of Dusty Baker.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
I could see blaming that on Guillen if it were a bunch of kids but these are veterans. Then again I'm starting to think Ozzie is a boisterous version of Dusty Baker.

Maybe if this s*** didn't happen every year. Kenny gives Ozzie the most talented team in the division every single season and Ozzie does f*** all with it. Not to say I really want KW back but this is more on Guillen and I'm sick of this underachieving bulls***.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
Maybe if this s*** didn't happen every year. Kenny gives Ozzie the most talented team in the division every single season and Ozzie does f*** all with it. Not to say I really want KW back but this is more on Guillen and I'm sick of this underachieving bulls***.

I don't know about most talented team.

Rios is a dog. Everybody knew he was a dog when we got him from Toronto.

Dunn is an automatic whiff.

Like fathom said, Beckham is a mental midget.

Maybe you can blame Ozzie but I think our talent is not that great as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
I don't know about most talented team.

Rios is a dog. Everybody knew he was a dog when we got him from Toronto.

Dunn is an automatic whiff.

Like fathom said, Beckham is a mental midget.

Maybe you can blame Ozzie but I think our talent is not that great as well.

Absolutely no one saw this coming. Rios has never been anywhere near this bad and that includes his last season in Toronto. Hitters come to the White Sox and get worse. It's been happening for 5 years now. Something has to change. Beckham may be a mental midget but that's what the coaching staff is there to help with. The kid comes in and looks great and within two short years of White Sox coaching he has one of the worst approaches I've ever seen at the plate? It's time to run Ozzie and Walker out of town. Everyone get out your pitchforks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)

I like my ex-wife...doesn't mean I'm reuniting with her. For the love of God...get some fresh blood in here!!!

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 05:57 AM)
Absolutely no one saw this coming. Rios has never been anywhere near this bad and that includes his last season in Toronto. Hitters come to the White Sox and get worse. It's been happening for 5 years now. Something has to change. Beckham may be a mental midget but that's what the coaching staff is there to help with. The kid comes in and looks great and within two short years of White Sox coaching he has one of the worst approaches I've ever seen at the plate? It's time to run Ozzie and Walker out of town. Everyone get out your pitchforks.

I'm OK with that, but add Kenny too.

Aren't you sick of seeing a guy get a hit with a man on first and no way in hell the guy is going to advance to third?

I mean I still want some big home run hitters, but there's got to be a happy medium.

Kenny's everyday players aren't that good.