Congrats to Jim Thome on Homer #600

southsider2k5

Congratulations Jim Thome. By all accounts, as classy of a gentleman as the great game of baseball has ever seen. I'm so glad that we were fortunate enough to have him in White Sox for a few years (and continue to be so puzzled by the Bizarro World "tug-of-war" antics that drove him to the dreaded Twinkies).

Nice that #599 and #600 helped the idle Sox move 1/2 game closer to the Tigers.

And surprised that no one has mentioned it yet about #600 ... lookie, lookie, a L.H. slugger going yard (even just MAKING CONTACT) against a L.H. pitcher. Who would have thunk that was even possible?

P-Town!!!! Congrats to Thome. Everyone says he's the nicest guy in the game and it seems 99% certain he was not on the juice, which is great for baseball.

I just wish it would have happened in Cleveland to shove it in the face of all those morons still booing him.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
A KW and Ozzie mistake and I said it when the Sox went withe no real DH and had let Thome walk. Wish they would have kept him on the team.

We bought out his option otherwise we would have a what 16 million or something dollar dh. I think Thome thought he wouldn't negotiate any further with us. The whitesox extended his career by a few years enabling him to reach this milestone. The one thing I love about Thome's at bats was the sound his bat made when he made contact even a foul ball was music to my ears.power and Lumber against ball.. What a thud. It echoed througout the stadium even the upper deck.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
We bought out his option otherwise we would have a what 16 million or something dollar dh. I think Thome thought he wouldn't negotiate any further with us. The whitesox extended his career by a few years enabling him to reach this milestone. The one thing I love about Thome's at bats was the sound his bat made when he made contact even a foul ball was music to my ears.power and Lumber against ball.. What a thud. It echoed througout the stadium even the upper deck.

Thome didn't have a 2010 option as far as I know. He had a 2009 option which the Sox picked up and Philly covered 1/2.