AJP to DL w/ fractured wrist

LittleHurt05

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
When I met him @ Field of Dreams yesterday, I asked him how his wrist is, he said it's fine. What a d$mn liar!

Anyway, wonder which catchers have passed through waivers.

The Sox aren't going to add payroll. This is who we have, for better or for worse.

The timing is this is awful, as we face some dynamite righty pitchers the next two weeks. I've been impressed by Flowers, but I'll be stunned if he's able to put up a batting average over .150 the next two weeks facing the likes of Jimenez, Carmona, Masterson, Ogando, Weaver, Felix

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
The Sox aren't going to add payroll. This is who we have, for better or for worse.

ya know it sucks to see AJ get injured but in a way this is a blessing in disguise we get to see what tyler flowers really can do, i still havent gotten on the ban wagon of we are going to win this division again just yet, but if the kid can play well it may give this team a spark, if not its still the same flat offense the whitesox have been running out there all season....

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
I have a feeling this might be a blessing in disguise.

Can Flowers throw people out any better than AJ? AJ has been hitting very well.

Maybe you are right. I wonder how much he'll play Lucy. Is Oz a big Flowers guy?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Can Flowers throw people out any better than AJ? AJ has been hitting very well.

Maybe you are right. I wonder how much he'll play Lucy. Is Oz a big Flowers guy?

I thought I saw he was something like 3/9 throwing out runners since his call up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)

Sadly, AJ would do no better, maybe even worse.

But Tyler likely won't be as good as AJ in terms of average, or in terms of handling the pitching staff. Lucy can do the latter, but not the former. The biggest loss here is the LH bat that was hitting near .300.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Sadly, AJ would do no better, maybe even worse.

But Tyler likely won't be as good as AJ in terms of average, or in terms of handling the pitching staff. Lucy can do the latter, but not the former. The biggest loss here is the LH bat that was hitting near .300.

AJ is 19/97

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

If the Sox end up winning the division with this mess of a 2011 season, it will be Guillen's best regular-season managerial job, period.

@Marty34 Even if the sox win the division Hollywood should be fired. Oney should be promoted to GM. You heard it here first people.

:lolhitting

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
AJ is 19/97

CS takes into account pick-offs via the pitcher. You need to look at CSctch, where it only takes into account CSes which included an assist by the catcher. Therefore AJ is only 10/97.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/..._baserunning::9

Edited by DirtySox

This will hurt the Sox unless Tyler Flowers can step up and deliver. I can't believe folks saying this is a blessing in disguise or it won't hurt to lose AJP. Apprently they don't follow the Sox. I doubt if there is anything to trade for out there. Olivo from Seattle? Not suggesting it at all and hopefully Flowers and Lucy can perform