AJP to DL w/ fractured wrist

LittleHurt05

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
That's what we get for letting him rot in AAA only to suffer multiple injuries and possibly ruin him before he ever got a chance.

We clearly should have shut him down in Spring Training this year. That's the only way he could have avoided getting hit on the hand.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
That's what we get for letting him rot in AAA only to suffer multiple injuries and possibly ruin him before he ever got a chance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Has to be sarcasm.

I don't think it was. I'm actually surprised it took so long for this kind of post to pop up. I believe Ozzie got immediately blamed for Jared Mitchell's injury as well for making him play LF

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
That's awesome. The stache returns.

Didn't he shave or at least severely trim the stache?

See what happens? Grow a bushy mustache, break your wrist. Good thing he didn't go all Brian Bruney. He'd have shattered his shoulder.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 07:11 AM)
I don't think it was. I'm actually surprised it took so long for this kind of post to pop up. I believe Ozzie got immediately blamed for Jared Mitchell's injury as well for making him play LF

Toby Hall. LOL

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm not going to lie, keep him out a few more days, Flowers has been giving some unreal at bats to this team. His swing has been cut down considerably from what it was and he is flat out seeing the ball well.

Flowers has looked pretty good at the plate. Considering how poorly he's hit in AAA, it's a nice surprise. No telling it will last, but keeping him in there is the only way to find out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm not going to lie, keep him out a few more days, Flowers has been giving some unreal at bats to this team. His swing has been cut down considerably from what it was and he is flat out seeing the ball well.

AJ has no choice anyway, he was put on the 15 Day DL, retro to Saturday. He's out at least another week plus.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Flowers has looked pretty good at the plate. Considering how poorly he's hit in AAA, it's a nice surprise. No telling it will last, but keeping him in there is the only way to find out.

His approach surprised me. For example, look at how terrible most of our hitters looked against the Indians pen and their nasty low and away sliders. Flowers didnt even blink when they threw those to him, just took a walk like he's supposed to.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
His approach surprised me. For example, look at how terrible most of our hitters looked against the Indians pen and their nasty low and away sliders. Flowers didnt even blink when they threw those to him, just took a walk like he's supposed to.

This.

If Flowers is back to what he was supposed to be two years ago, that's great news going forward.