White Sox vs. Indians

The Bones

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
I wish Detroit or cleveland would put us out of our misery already I'm tired of this team hanging around giving false hope to everyone especially when we play like this

Have you seen the starting pitching we'll face the next 10 days? If we're still within 5 games after next Sunday, it will be a moral victory.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Have you seen the starting pitching we'll face the next 10 days? If we're still within 5 games after next Sunday, it will be a moral victory.

Does it matter. This team has turned Bruce Chen into Johan Santana. We make crap pitchers look awesome.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)

Knowing this team we will be right there somehow still 5 out....god I'm glad football is a couple weeks away

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Even if we lose tonight, just have to shake it off and win tomorrow.

Cant win them all and thats why winning last night was so important because the Sox cant blow games they are leading late.

You realize that the season ends in a month and a half. We don't have a lot of time to leapfrog two teams. So yes you have to win as many as humanly possible due to the hole we put ourselves in. 500 or around baseball gets us tee times the first week of October.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
Just a matter of time. Not impressed at all with Lucy's pitch selection with Buehrle on the mound, as way too many cutters to lefty hitters.

At the risk of sounding like Hawk I thought Mark got hurt by a stingy ump tonight. Not that it has anything to do with our showing on offense.

I predict a let down from Texas.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
You realize that the season ends in a month and a half. We don't have a lot of time to leapfrog two teams. So yes you have to win as many as humanly possible due to the hole we put ourselves in. 500 or around baseball gets us tee times the first week of October.

Yup. I know people like to talk about our record since May 7th or whatever. Problem is the season didn't begin on May 7th.

Twins have the bases loaded with no outs in the top of the 9th against Valverde.

Thankfully, because the White Sox sure aren't playing with any sense of urgency.

Ooops...Plouffe and Mauer K'ed, one more chance to take the lead or the Tigers will take this game in all likelihood.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
Another defensive swing by Morel in a hitter's count. That's why you have two homers on the season.

And why his average is what it is. He rarely tries to actually drive the ball except to right field.

If he ever opened it up a bit, he'd probably be hitting .208

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 03:13 AM)
And why his average is what it is. He rarely tries to actually drive the ball except to right field.

If he ever opened it up a bit, he'd probably be hitting .208

I would much rather he hit .208 if it meant 10-15 homers.