8/18 Game Thread: Indians @ White Sox, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Flowers is basically our 2nd best hitter at this point.

It's amazing what happens when some young guys get to actually, you know, come to the major leagues.

In the same vein, I am absolutely convinced that if Dayan Viciedo were in this lineup, the effect on the rest of the team would be dramatic. The ball just jumps off his bat, and we sure as hell don't have anyone for whom that could be said, Konerko excepted.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
I look forward to call-ups and see what Kuhn's got...but then again...the school of thought of keeping him as far away from Walker as you can has merit.

Maybe that's why they haven't brought up Viciedo.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:59 AM)
This is the worst game thread I've ever been a part of.

When the Sox play this badly at home again you have to expect it.

We're only halfway decent on the road.

Was that intentional? Sure looked like it.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
It's amazing what happens when some young guys get to actually, you know, come to the major leagues.

In the same vein, I am absolutely convinced that if Dayan Viciedo were in this lineup, the effect on the rest of the team would be dramatic. The ball just jumps off his bat, and we sure as hell don't have anyone for whom that could be said, Konerko excepted.

And walk can't speak Spanish.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)

Couldn't agree more. Same is true about making a deadline deal for some offense. Takes a lot of pressure off of your players who might be tiring.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
I look forward to call-ups and see what Kuhn's got...but then again...the school of thought of keeping him as far away from Walker as you can has merit.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not really Walker as much as these guys just have a low baseball IQ.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
I say it every night, but Beckham is just a disgrace of a player in the clutch.

He's killing us. That may have been the biggest, saddest out of the season. The ease with which he can be had low and away OR up is scary.

Can we see him, Dunn, Rios, Morel etc. with someone besides Walker???

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
He's killing us. That may have been the biggest, saddest out of the season. The ease with which he can be had low and away OR up is scary.

It was certainly the most recent.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)

That Rasmus deal looks good now. Maybe his dad could work with them too.