8/18 Game Thread: Indians @ White Sox, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:27 AM)
I don't want Danks 2 in center, thats for sure

Is Danks II that bad?

We've had good luck in bringing up DeAza and Flowers so far. Maybe he's good as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Is Danks II that bad?

We've had good luck in bringing up DeAza and Flowers so far. Maybe he's good as well.

How does that make any sense? Just because two players we brought up from the minors have been playing well doesn't mean another player will play well. Danks strikes out far, far too often.

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:30 AM)
How does that make any sense? Just because two players we brought up from the minors have been playing well doesn't mean another player will play well. Danks strikes out far, far too often.

I meant maybe our few 'prospects' that people have heard of and are on the big-league radar are actually decent and he's another who will make it.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:32 AM)
Simply put no hitter has gotten better under Greg walker and almost all not named konerko have gotten worse

Well, at least we know he'll be gone next year as well.

The new skipper won't keep him.

Should be interesting to see what the franchise is like with new manager/hitting coach/GM. Unfortunately we probably need to keep this pitching coach, but he'll probably be off to Florida with Oz.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)

Should be interesting to see what the franchise is like with new manager/hitting coach/GM. Unfortunately we probably need to keep this pitching coach, but he'll probably be off to Florida with Oz.

That's a lot of what could be false assumptions. If by chance LaRussa were to come here what makes you think he wouldn't keep Walker? He did play under LaRussa.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)

You think he would follow ozzie? I always thought of him as his own man.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Why did Sergio plunk that guy? I can't turn up the sound at work. The pitch was steered right in his back.

Did you see the Indians catcher with the huge fist pump right behind Beckham's head immediately following Beckham's K? It was over the top. That's why Sergio hit the first batter up. I liked it, but I would've liked a win a whole lot more. This team just isn't going anywhere. That's the sad reality. Oh, and it looks like Beckham will turn out more like Mark Ellis than the perennial all star that some of us thought he'd be. Sobering night.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:35 AM)
That's a lot of what could be false assumptions. If by chance LaRussa were to come here what makes you think he wouldn't keep Walker? He did play under LaRussa.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
You think he would follow ozzie? I always thought of him as his own man.

1.) Hopefully LaRussa realizes Walk is overmatched. I honestly don't think it's going to be LaRussa. Hopefully it's not just Cora. I want some old guy who will be willing to bench Dunn/Rios and even Becks if Beckham hits like this. Second basemen can't hit sub .250.

2.) I would think if Coop can't land a managing job he'd go with Ozzie. I would think Oz would really persuade him.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:39 AM)
Did you see the Indians catcher with the huge fist pump right behind Beckham's head immediately following Beckham's K? It was over the top. That's why Sergio hit the first batter up. I liked it, but I would've liked a win a whole lot more. This team just isn't going anywhere. That's the sad reality. Oh, and it looks like Beckham will turn out more like Mark Ellis than the perennial all star that some of us thought he'd be. Sobering night.

That's pretty impressive.

Sergio really truly plunked that guy. It stung too. That was a good heater right on the arm/back.

Sobering is a good way to describe the Beckham situation. I thought he'd be a great hitter for 15 years.

So much for those who say our pitchers hitting guys can wake up our team.

We went down feebly in the bottom of the ninth even after Sergio's fastball off the flesh.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
1.) Hopefully LaRussa realizes Walk is overmatched. I honestly don't think it's going to be LaRussa. Hopefully it's not just Cora. I want some old guy who will be willing to bench Dunn/Rios and even Becks if Beckham hits like this. Second basemen can't hit sub .250.

2.) I would think if Coop can't land a managing job he'd go with Ozzie. I would think Oz would really persuade him.

No sane baseball exec would want Cooper for a manager. If Ozzie goes, Coop will follow him since he doesn't have a new contract. The offseason is going to be pretty interesting.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)

If I'm Sergio I would want to plunk Beckham for choking twice.