Jim Hendry is out as GM

flavum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
Jim Hendry is out as GM.

Interesting. I figured Ricketts would wait til the end of the season. If you are gonna fire him now, you should have done it back in June when a new GM could have made some trades and still tinkered with the roster.

Son of a b****. That is the best thing that could ever happen to that franchise was getting rid of him. Now get rid of Wrigley Field (as well as most of that front office) and I might have to start taking the Cubs alot more seriously in winning.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
Son of a b****. That is the best thing that could ever happen to that franchise was getting rid of him. Now get rid of Wrigley Field (as well as most of that front office) and I might have to start taking the Cubs alot more seriously in winning.

LOL, so true. Hendry had his pluses and minuses, but his "talent" of overspending has no place with the broke ownership.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
LOL, so true. Hendry had his pluses and minuses, but his "talent" of overspending has no place with the broke ownership.

To me, a guy like Kenny Williams would've worked so much better on the Northside for the Cubs as he likes to go after the big name players the Cubs want to get, but he also doesn't overspend in FA. Right now though, not so much. I expect Ricketts to go cheap as he does on everything else since he could barely afford the squad. He'll probably also have someone else pay for their A ball stadium.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
To me, a guy like Kenny Williams would've worked so much better on the Northside for the Cubs as he likes to go after the big name players the Cubs want to get, but he also doesn't overspend in FA. Right now though, not so much. I expect Ricketts to go cheap as he does on everything else since he could barely afford the squad. He'll probably also have someone else pay for their A ball stadium.

The Ricketts made their plan VERY clear when they went incredibly overslot in this year's draft for double digit round guys to keep them out of college etc. They are building through the draft whether their fans like it or not. They would rather spend 27 million on amateur players than 27 million in Free Agency.