Humber Placed on DL

flavum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
Imagine if something like this were to happen to Justin Verlander.

Well we're under .500 on August 19th and suck at home. Our starting rotation is beginning to falter too, with or without Humber. Plus, we still have too many holes on offense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Anyone still think we win this division? Aside from Greg Hibbard?

I didn't think we could win this division even before this happened. I don't think this is necessarily the proverbial nail in the coffin, but the hammer has been picked up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
The injury is for "facial contusion". I thought the same thing, but they probably need a true concussion diagnosis to use the 7-day.

I'm sure if they're DLing him for a hit to the head, they'd let you get away with the vaguest concussion symptoms.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Well we're under .500 on August 19th and suck at home. Our starting rotation is beginning to falter too, with or without Humber. Plus, we still have too many holes on offense.

I was just thinking out loud.

Not ruling anything out at this point, but it's still baseball. Anything can happen when you're within a handful of games.

Definitely need to go on some sort of extended run though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Anyone still think we win this division? Aside from Greg Hibbard?

No.

This team has never been in contention. It has not once since the first week or so acted as if it was playing for anything.

Certainly you agree with me on that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Can we stop calling up the "experienced" Kinneys and Bruneys and instead just bring up Reed, Infante, or Lindsay?

The Sox do actually have a number of intriguing relievers to pull up, but keep a few things in mind...

--Lindsay, while talented, still struggles mightily with his control. Look at his peripherals. They may not think he's ready for patient MLB hitters.

--Reed, if they wait another couple weeks for the 9/1 callups, they avoiding starting his arb clock. Another year of him for cheap is probably more important than adding him now.

--Infante... no idea, I thought he'd come up.

There are other guys too, like Remenowsky and Nunez, but Rem doesn't seem ready yet and Nunez... like Infante, I have no idea why he wasn't called up.