White Sox Winner

What's the latest on Carlos Quentin?

Any updates?

Beckham is still terrible. Has slumped from a high of 255 to 234.

Flowers has hit a lot better than most expected.

Big win...in the sense we couldn't possibly fall 6 GB.

Good effort by the pitching staff. (Adam Dunn, please go back to full-time DH, even if your average has "risen" to .169 now playing the field everyday)

And yes, Ian Kinsler is one of those guys who always seems to kill us.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Too bad cleveland sucks

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
What's the latest on Carlos Quentin?

Any updates?

Beckham is still terrible. Has slumped from a high of 255 to 234.

Flowers has hit a lot better than most expected.

Big win...in the sense we couldn't possibly fall 6 GB.

Good effort by the pitching staff. (Adam Dunn, please go back to full-time DH, even if your average has "risen" to .169 now playing the field everyday)

And yes, Ian Kinsler is one of those guys who always seems to kill us.

1.) Don't blame Cleveland. We suck as well.

2.) XRays negative. Will be re-examined Sunday. Five games, six games, what's the difference? We're NOT in any pennant race caufield.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Go ahead, DL Quentin and let those who have a woody for Viciedo rejoice. Too bad he's hurt too.

Definitely the worst time for Quentin to get an injury. Viciedo wouldn't help us right now with his hand still not 100%.

I appreciate Rios' contribution to tonight's game, but I still hope he snaps his leg in 4 different places getting out of bed tomorrow.

I was only half-watching by this point, but did he mess up again when he was at third on that complicated catch on a bloop later in the game? I assume he did because he's awful, but I'd like to be corrected if not.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
I appreciate Rios' contribution to tonight's game, but I still hope he snaps his leg in 4 different places getting out of bed tomorrow.

I was only half-watching by this point, but did he mess up again when he was at third on that complicated catch on a bloop later in the game? I assume he did because he's awful, but I'd like to be corrected if not.

I'm pretty sure he couldn't have known he could tag on that ball, so it was the right play to go halfway and hope it dropped in.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)

unf***ingreal. stay classy, bro.

Saw the game on TV. It was a fun game made much more so when we won. That Lillibridge is a super sub. Alex hit that ball hard too. Watching the replays there really wasn't much Rios could have done different when he didn't score from 3B. What if he had been caught off third thinking it would drop? Imagine the screaming here and calls to break his leg in 4 places. I think that that comment was inappropriate and we need to think a little bit more before advocating a player get hurt.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 05:48 AM)
Easy... I wrote that tongue in cheek.

He's still pretty awful.

I am sure you didn't mean anything by it, but gotta think about those things before posting. Alex has been bad just like Dunn and Beckham and some others and they know it. Glad to see he isn't hanging his head and giving up though

Noticed how Flowers has Santos work batters different from AJ. When AJ's catching, you know that Santos is going to get 2 strikes on guys using the fastball early, and then he's going to bury the slider. Sometimes he'll use an elevated slider as a show-me pitch somewhere in the first 2-3 so that when the good slider comes the batter doesn't recognize, it, but the formula is 2 strikes, then byebye.

Flowers was using the wipeout slider much more heavily early in the at bat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Noticed how Flowers has Santos work batters different from AJ. When AJ's catching, you know that Santos is going to get 2 strikes on guys using the fastball early, and then he's going to bury the slider. Sometimes he'll use an elevated slider as a show-me pitch somewhere in the first 2-3 so that when the good slider comes the batter doesn't recognize, it, but the formula is 2 strikes, then byebye.

Flowers was using the wipeout slider much more heavily early in the at bat.

Indeed, rarely do you see Santos strike out one batter in an inning with his fastball. Last night, it was two

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Indeed, rarely do you see Santos strike out one batter in an inning with his fastball. Last night, it was two

For the last out, SS threw what, 4 straight sliders to start off? 2 swinging for the 0-2 count, then the hitter laid off the next 2 for balls, then Tyler called for the fastball, the hitter was expecting to lay off another slider again, and that was the game.