Indians awarded claim on Thome

justBLAZE

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny, stop yourself, and start drafting your resignation letter please.

When the mess of a team you created is floundering/wallowing in mediocracy then I guess desperate times/circumstances demand desperate measures to save face for this season.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

by ESPNChiSox

Also on waiver wire today: Danks, Floyd, Konerko, Thornton of White Sox. With Chicago 6 1/2 out, would Kenny trade anyone?

With that list, they're trying to move Thornton if they can get a good deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
I'm still a bit baffled by this "Detroit is solid" talk. They have a total run differential on the season of +5. They're leading what is clearly the worst division in MLB. They've had a weak schedule, which is of course a function of playing the AL Central, and they have a unique ballpark that gives them a pretty large homefield advantage against weaker teams

The Sox aren't going to catch them barring a miracle, but I can't see how people have decided a team that can't run away with this year's AL Central is a monster.

There's quite a large difference between solid and monster. People are calling them solid, as you said. I'm not sure what argument you're even trying to make.

I said it in the AL Central catch all, but I think there is every chance in the world if a game one match-up is Verlander vs. Lester/Sabathia that the Tigers lose 2-1 or 3-2 and then they're f***ed. IF the White Sox offense can score 4 earned against Verlander TWICE in a season, the Red Sox or Yankees could too...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
There's quite a large difference between solid and monster. People are calling them solid, as you said. I'm not sure what argument you're even trying to make.

I guarantee you neither the Yankees or Red Sox want to see Detroit in the ALDS. Possibility of seeing Verlander twice in cold weather? That's no good.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Can someone please summarize what's actually happening in this Thome process and where we are currently at?

No one know what is actually happening who is willing to talk about it. It is all speculation at this point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I guarantee you neither the Yankees or Red Sox want to see Detroit in the ALDS. Possibility of seeing Verlander twice in cold weather? That's no good.

As long as he doesnt have to field his position.

DKnobler DKnobler

by ESPNChiSox

Also on waiver wire today: Danks, Floyd, Konerko, Thornton of White Sox. With Chicago 6 1/2 out, would Kenny trade anyone?

What took so long!

DKnobler DKnobler

by ESPNChiSox

I'd love to see what would happen if someone claimed Konerko. He makes a ton of sense for the DBacks, if he even gets that far. It could completely reshape this Sox team, but it will probably never happen.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
I'd love to see what would happen if someone claimed Konerko. He makes a ton of sense for the DBacks, if he even gets that far. It could completely reshape this Sox team, but it will probably never happen.

Trevor Bauer, please! Yes, I know he's not trade-eligible.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)

Goldschmidt, Holmberg, Parker and Montero...thanks

Just ask for Dan Hudson, Chris Young, & Brandon Allen back and call it a day. (I realize Allen is in OAK, let the DBacks figure it out)

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I said it in the AL Central catch all, but I think there is every chance in the world if a game one match-up is Verlander vs. Lester/Sabathia that the Tigers lose 2-1 or 3-2 and then they're f***ed. IF the White Sox offense can score 4 earned against Verlander TWICE in a season, the Red Sox or Yankees could too...

The man's era across 210 innings pitched is 2.28. This post of yours here defies logic. Verlander is aces almost every time out.

The Sox will pull him back. It is just an attempt to stuff the wires to get the players they would be interested in potentially trading, not claimed. Each team only gets so many claims per day as I understand it.