Indians awarded claim on Thome

justBLAZE

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Those kind of sites are so un-moderated it is pathetic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
People were less caring about large blocks of text being excerpted 5+ years ago...and even with that, most pages these days are happy as long as you add in a link so that they get some traffic and they get the Google boost.

Maybe back then. Anyway, I know there was no point in going to the site. He took care of that by himself.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
The Sox will pull him back. It is just an attempt to stuff the wires to get the players they would be interested in potentially trading, not claimed. Each team only gets so many claims per day as I understand it.

That's what will happen. If the Sox had a sell-high chance on Konerko, I think they should take it. But I'd be shocked if they did.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Kubel is a guy I think the White Sox could use, but finding a spot for him and a contract for him after this year could be tough.

Use how?

Do people really think the Sox are still in it?

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Use how?

Do people really think the Sox are still in it?

This season is ova. I'm thinking going forward, but he's a free agent, Viciedo is coming, the Sox are stuck with Dunn and Rios, De Aza probably gets Pierre's spot. Quentin will probably be back. I don't think they would be willing to pay Kubel what some team will pay him.

From what ive read it does appear we put in a claim for Thome. So if the Twins dont intend to release him he is playing in Minnesota or Chicago. Please tell me if I missed something here. But that tweet was only an hour ago. I wasnt checking the news when people were reporting the stuff about Cleveland working out a trade for Thome and Kubel going somewhere else. So if there is a definitive source out there with that information please correct me because as I said I wasnt available at the time this info was released.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
From what ive read it does appear we put in a claim for Thome. So if the Twins dont intend to release him he is playing in Minnesota or Chicago. Please tell me if I missed something here. But that tweet was only an hour ago. I wasnt checking the news when people were reporting the stuff about Cleveland working out a trade for Thome and Kubel going somewhere else. So if there is a definitive source out there with that information please correct me because as I said I wasnt available at the time this info was released.

Why would we want Thome? Let Cleveland have him. My god, does our front office think we have a chance at winning the division?