Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
It's almost like you have never heard of Adam Dunn before this season and this is the first you've seen him. If you want to believe he will be a .160 hitter with about 15 HR each of the next 3 years, then that's fine, I'll be sure to buy you some more coloring books and crayons for X-mas then.

The trouble is, he could hit 70 points higher and still be a huge liability. Having a season regarded by many as the worst of all time is not a good sign moving forward. It looks to me like he dunn got old quick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Just saw the Kendrick triple. Pretty awful adjustment made by Rios.

It was, he drifted way too far to the left and essentially overran it enough that he couldn't correct at the last second.

Harrelson was right, it should have been caught.

He has never ever learned to go straight back at full speed to where he thinks the ball should be and then finding it again...just bad fundamentals which apparently nobody has corrected with either the Blue Jays or Sox.

At best, it was a dubious route. But that's what you expect on any ball hit over Rios' head this season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 05:02 AM)
It's almost like you have never heard of Adam Dunn before this season and this is the first you've seen him. If you want to believe he will be a .160 hitter with about 15 HR each of the next 3 years, then that's fine, I'll be sure to buy you some more coloring books and crayons for X-mas then.

Dunn has been a one-trick pony who has played on crappy, losing teams for a long, long time.

they couldn't wait to get him out of Cincinnati because he doesn't have enough pride in his craft to get in shape.

You can believe in the fairy tale that he'll bounce back next season.

But he's putting up the worst season in 100 years because he's lost it. As bad as he was in the first half of the season, he's been WORSE the second half.

he's done. Finished. An embarrassment.

Props to Konerko.Sox would be lost without him.

Edited by winninguglyin83

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Dunn has been a one-trick pony who has played on crappy, losing teams for a long, long time.

they couldn't wait to get him out of Cincinnati because he doesn't have enough pride in his craft to get in shape.

But he's putting up the worst season in 100 years because he's lost it. As bad as he was in the first half of the season, he's bee WORSE the second half.

he'd done. Finished. An embarrassment.

I'll always take a 35HR & 100RBI "one trick pony"

It's 9 outs early, but the only team with more extra inning losses in the American League than the White Sox is the Angels. Of course, the Sox are still the worst extra inning team based on winning percentage in the AL at (6-10 for a .375 winning percentage)

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:07 AM)
Hey, De Aza might be good.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:12 AM)

But he's putting up the worst season in 100 years because he's lost it. As bad as he was in the first half of the season, he's been WORSE the second half.

he's done. Finished. An embarrassment.

1.) DeAza can run. He hits the ball very hard. He seems to belong. How old is he? I like him? There is absolutely no reason to play Rios over him next year. None. It will be criminal if Rios plays ahead of this guy.

2.) Exactly. It is a fairy tale that he will bounce back again, but the Dunn lovers will always have the upper hand on us. They'll say, 'You wait. He will break out of this and when he does...'

It's not going to happen. He is horrific and I just wish Sox would let him earn his money as a pinch hitter in blowouts.