Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
DFA Frasor he is worthless ................Hawk say it like it is for once this team is horses*** quit the excuses every night!

This is actually wrong. You simply decline his team option, offer him arbitration (which he almost certainly will not accept because he will receive some sort of multi-year offer) and receive a supplemental draft pick for him. The only 4 teams who have any second thoughts about signing him are the AL Central teams.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 06:04 AM)
You know what, I'm going on vacation for a week - somewhere where white sox baseball is hard to find on tv.

I didn't do that this summer ... damn I was foolish. It's always fun to have that one week far away from the baseball world where you don't watch the White Sox and catch a score here and there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
This is actually wrong. You simply decline his team option, offer him arbitration (which he almost certainly will not accept because he will receive some sort of multi-year offer) and receive a supplemental draft pick for him. The only 4 teams who have any second thoughts about signing him are the AL Central teams.

This is true, He'll find another job in the AL east.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 06:03 AM)
We still have 6 games left against the Tigers. Only need to gain 1/2 game in action outside of those series.

You are hands down the best White Sox fan I've ever come across.

You deserve some sort of commodation. Even this pathetic excuse of a team hasn't shaken you. I'm serious. Congrats on being No. 1 fan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 06:04 AM)
As we finish yet another month, this team continues to lose games in the most infuriating fashion. I wonder if next year we return to normalcy or if we again are an eminently unlikeable team.

Well, it's very possible three of the most likable guys on the team in Buehrle/Quentin/Danks are not going to be back. It will be fun to watch someone like Viciedo hopefully get at least 400 at bats, but it seems very likely that we're not looking at a supremely talented team next season. The Sox are in baseball hell right now, and it's pretty damn obvious that Kenny and Ozzie both need to go. Way too many bad decisions are being made on and off the field with no accountability.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 06:07 AM)
Well, it's very possible three of the most likable guys on the team in Buehrle/Quentin/Danks are not going to be back. It will be fun to watch someone like Viciedo hopefully get at least 400 at bats, but it seems very likely that we're not looking at a supremely talented team next season. The Sox are in baseball hell right now, and it's pretty damn obvious that Kenny and Ozzie both need to go. Way too many bad decisions are being made on and off the field with no accountability.

I think it'd take a miracle for KW or Oz to return. The only way is if Jerry is so thankful about 05 he actually begs them to return. I know nothing about Jerry but he is old and I guess it's possible he's so thankful he got one WS title when a lot of his owner cronies will never win one, that he begs them to come back. In other words, it's possible he may not care.

I think the odds are 95 percent to 5 percent that Ozz is off to Florida. And 99 percent to 1 percent that KW is gone as well. Bye bye.

New manager? I want Lasorda.

Edited by greg775

The Sox typically do not spend a lot on the draft. Do you think that, this year atleast, with the ultimate lack of spending, that it perhaps had to do with $127 million going towards the MLB roster? Because I certainly think so.

With teams spending more and more on the draft all the time, the Sox will atleast need to spend $5 million. I envision the payroll being around $100-110 mill next year (and perhaps less depending on management's orders) with the Sox spending between $4-7 million on the draft. That's a hell of a lot more than they've done now.

Beyond any of that, getting a player ranked between 100-150 in the supplemental round is usually better than not having said player, right?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
I think it'd take a miracle for KW or Oz to return. The only way is if Jerry is so thankful about 05 he actually begs them to return. I know nothing about Jerry but he is old and I guess it's possible he's so thankful he got one WS title when a lot of his owner cronies will never win one, that he begs them to come back. In other words, it's possible he may not care.

I think the odds are 95 percent to 5 percent that Ozz is off to Florida. And 99 percent to 1 percent that KW is gone as well. Bye bye.

Lasorda is 200 :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
Read somewhere the sox spend the least in the ML on the draft... That's one of the things that has to change, the whole structure in the org, the whole mindset

You mean this ? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

I read it and to me looking at both halves, spending more or less doesn't mean a thing.

Getting the best scouts/instructors would be better use of resources.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
You are hands down the best White Sox fan I've ever come across.

You deserve some sort of commodation. Even this pathetic excuse of a team hasn't shaken you. I'm serious. Congrats on being No. 1 fan.

Did you write THE HELP?

Commode?

Commendation?

Hopefully he won't have a yard full of toilets like a certain character in the book.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
I didn't do that this summer ... damn I was foolish. It's always fun to have that one week far away from the baseball world where you don't watch the White Sox and catch a score here and there.

Don't punish the baseball world because of the Sox. There's an exciting race in the AL East. I'll probably take advantage of watching more of Verlander. The Sox and Rangers just made things more interesting in the AL West. There's still a race in the NL West. Plus it might be good to check out if the Phillies are that good having the most wins in baseball.

Tommy Lasorda is 83 years old and, in the last photo I saw of him, he was refined to a wheelchair. Atleast the White Sox would be progressive in making the first wheelchair ramp for a dugout.

For the love of the Devil, please tell me you meant LaRussa?