Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Tampa left a small nation on the bases. Kudos to Tigers, as they're winning the games they need to in order to put this division away.

I have to admit, I'm glad the Tigers are winning. Two reasons--I'm tired of the White Sox teases, and I'd rather see a team from the Central win 90 games than go in with 84-86.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Tampa left a small nation on the bases. Kudos to Tigers, as they're winning the games they need to in order to put this division away.

Tampa seems to get no hit as much as the Sox. Gotta love their organization though for being in the East and competing on their payroll.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
I have to admit, I'm glad the Tigers are winning. Two reasons--I'm tired of the White Sox teases, and I'd rather see a team from the Central win 90 games than go in with 84-86.

and as much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather have the Angels sweep this series, win the division, and make my 9 yr old die-hard Angel fan son and wife happy, rather than have the Sox help take them out of the playoffs while simultaneously having DET win the central anyway--- a lose-lose

and if it helps get Oz out of town, that it's a true win-win

Edited by stretchstretch

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)

Yeah, after refusing to bring up Dayan, and refusal for so long to move Dunn down in the order, it made me mentally say, 'screw it I don't even want us to storm past .500.'

3-2 Angels.

Mark getting rocked pretty good tonight after defense set the tone in the first.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:59 AM)
and as much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather have the Angels sweep this series, win the division, and make my 9 yr old die-hard Angel fan son and wife happy, rather than have the Sox help take them out of the playoffs while simultaneously having DET win the central anyway--- a lose-lose

I have no problem losing these games with guys like Beckham, Flowers, Morel, De Aza and Rios playing well

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:00 AM)
I have no problem losing these games with guys like Beckham, Flowers, Morel, De Aza and Rios playing well

I'd agree with the first four guys. I don't think Rios finishing strong will mean anything entering next year. Rios is who he is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
I'd agree with the first four guys. I don't think Rios finishing strong will mean anything entering next year. Rios is who he is.

But you hope maybe Rios finds something that works for him he can take into next year. At the end of last year, he had terrible mechanics at the plate and it led to this season's debacle. As for Dunn, you have to hope he just goes 0 for rest of season and decides to retire. It's shocking to me how little power he has left.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)

I'll keep the flag flying until after we play the kitties 6 times in the first two weeks of September.

ah, who am i s***ting. root for detroit? not a f***ing chance.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
But you hope maybe Rios finds something that works for him he can take into next year. At the end of last year, he had terrible mechanics at the plate and it led to this season's debacle. As for Dunn, you have to hope he just goes 0 for rest of season and decides to retire. It's shocking to me how little power he has left.

Dunn still has power, he's just in-between on everything. Can't catch up to high heat, can't hit low breaking balls, obviously can't hit a change. About the only thing he can hit right now is a knee high fastball.

Maybe he should look into using a shorter bat, because his bat speed could be better too.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
Dunn still has power, he's just in-between on everything. Can't catch up to high heat, can't hit low breaking balls, obviously can't hit a breaking pitch. About the only thing he can hit right now is a knee high fastball.

Maybe he should look into using a shorter bat, because his bat speed could be better too.

The ball doesn't come close to jumping off of his bat like he used to.