youth movement next year

mataipaepae

Lets trade CQ and Thornton to Pittsburgh for Pedro Alvarez and some minor league players. Alvarez is a good fielder with a huge arm and big bat.

Fielders;

C- flowers

1B- konerko

2B- Beckham

SS- Ramirez

3B- Alvarez

LF- Rios

CF- de aza

RF- viciedo

DH- dunn

4th outfielder- lillibridge

3B- Morel

utility IF- vizquel if he retires bring up escobar from AAA that is a great fielder. Can play SS or 2B.

C- Castro good mentor for flowers.

Pitchers;

Beurhle

Peavy

Danks

Floyd

Sale

Bullpen

Santos

Cain

frasor

Ohman

Santiago

Reed

We might as well start going young if we are just going to be .500

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Lets trade CQ and Thornton to Pittsburgh for Pedro Alvarez and some minor league players. Alvarez is a good fielder with a huge arm and big bat.

What makes you think the Pirates will make that trade?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
Let's trade Rios straight up for McCutchen. Then I propose a Peavy/Dunn/Thornton swap for Cole/Taillon and a player to be named later (Josh Bell).

Ok now you are just being unrealistic

The Sox definitely need to sit down with Dunn and ask him, 'Seriously Adam, we know we have to pay you, but would you consider retirement if you are not hitting .250 or better in mid May with at least 8 homers by then? I mean a guy with his approach has to hit 30 home runs to be even serviceable. That's five measly home runs a momth. Considering all his Ks and DPs, don't you agree 30 home runs minimum for Dunn or he is pretty much worthless to a club??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
The Sox definitely need to sit down with Dunn and ask him, 'Seriously Adam, we know we have to pay you, but would you consider retirement if you are not hitting .250 or better in mid May with at least 8 homers by then? I mean a guy with his approach has to hit 30 home runs to be even serviceable. That's five measly home runs a momth. Considering all his Ks and DPs, don't you agree 30 home runs minimum for Dunn or he is pretty much worthless to a club??

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Greg, it will never happen.

If he goes through another year like 2011....then he probably would retire. But renegotiating right now, forget it. Never going to happen. The player's union would go bonkers and we'd never be able to sign a big free agent for 10 years or until a new ownership group was in place.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
Nope. He's been injured for the most part. He was the #2 pick in the draft just a few years ago. The bat is real and he's going to be great.

He's certainly shown signs of being a bust. He hasn't really dominated in AAA enough to make me think he'll be more productive than Quentin. Throw in his awful MLB stint this year and he's at least questionable. I'm sure he'll be fine, but there have to be at least doubts.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
He's certainly shown signs of being a bust. He hasn't really dominated in AAA enough to make me think he'll be more productive than Quentin. Throw in his awful MLB stint this year and he's at least questionable. I'm sure he'll be fine, but there have to be at least doubts.

You talking about this year? Because he demolished the minors in '09/'10. He hasn't been healthy this year. He'd have to have another season comparable to this year in '12 before you can even think about bust.

Edited by Jordan4life