Peavy with an eye on '12

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
That's exactly what I thought. It's going to be a sickening offseason with Sox fans being asked to believe Peavy and Dunn will magically be great again and Rios will work so hard in the offseason.

I believe Dunn will improve dramatically (.230 with 30 HRs would be dramatic), Rios will be better (but still not great), and Peavy will be the same. Dunn's poor performance is baffling and so sudden that one has to believe he will rebound. Peavy's poor performance is due in large part to injuries. I don't see him being anything special again.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
If Peavy really wants to prove himself he can sign back with us for f***ing peanuts to pay us back for the robbery he has committed for a few years.

Technically, the robbery was committed by the Padres. No one forced KW's hand to take on that contract (same with Rios).

KW needs to go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Why would he do that if some dumbass GM wants to pay him for the Cy Young he won years ago?

To back up his talk. I'm not saying he will, but if I was in his shoes, I would put up at least a season at the min salary to make up for my injured ass. But thats just me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
To back up his talk. I'm not saying he will, but if I was in his shoes, I would put up at least a season at the min salary to make up for my injured ass. But thats just me.

Come on man, no you wouldn't. You can say that now, but in his shoes you absolutely wouldn't turn down say $5 million for $500k, while your career only has a few years left, just because you feel bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)

You wouldn't give back your salary if you had a bad day flipping burgers...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
You wouldn't give back your salary if you had a bad day flipping burgers...

Min wage vs millions is alot different.

And my job is pay for performance, the way every job should be.

And it was all my opinion guys, not a big deal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
If Peavy really wants to prove himself he can sign back with us for f***ing peanuts to pay us back for the robbery he has committed for a few years.

A-f***ing-men. With all of the BS he spews, you would think that it's something he would do, too. But I bet he doesn't.

I don't disagree at all that a player paid multi-multi-millions to perform and doesn't should think about returning some of that multi and just make a multi-million or so. Pay for performance is not an unusual thing. Might be a novile thing if it was actually done.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
That's exactly what I thought. It's going to be a sickening offseason with Sox fans being asked to believe Peavy and Dunn will magically be great again and Rios will work so hard in the offseason.

Wait til next decade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

Its all scale. To most of the world, our minimum wage is "rich".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Technically, the robbery was committed by the Padres. No one forced KW's hand to take on that contract (same with Rios).

KW needs to go.

...Same with jackson...Same with Pena....

The poor moves that Williams has made in the last few years are byond horrid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

If a competitor offered you a guaranteed first year of $$$$ to jump companies, you'd take it. You wouldn't say just keep me on straight commission.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
If a competitor offered you a guaranteed first year of $$$$ to jump companies, you'd take it. You wouldn't say just keep me on straight commission.

Yes, but im also not making multi million dollars to the point where I didnt have to work the rest of my life.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
Yes, but im also not making multi million dollars to the point where I didnt have to work the rest of my life.

You probably make 5x the lowest paid employee at your firm, what would you say if that person said "if I was making as much as Rock, I'd give $10k back to help the poorer employees"?