Who starts for Sox in '12

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
If I had my way, our rotation would be:

Buehrle

Floyd

Peavy

Sale

Stewart

Trade Humber and Danks. Obviously I'd love to ship out Jake somehow but that's not happening so he's still there.

This would work for me. Although we would need a good #6 option in AAA or in the pen. You can't trust Peavy to give you 200, and who knows how Sale's arm will hold up.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
This would work for me. Although we would need a good #6 option in AAA or in the pen. You can't trust Peavy to give you 200, and who knows how Sale's arm will hold up.

He hasn't been discussed much, but Dylan Axelrod has been awfully good in AAA this year, and the org seems to have taken to him a bit. He's not a bad #6 option, though I'd rather he was #7.

If I had it my way. The Sox would trade Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Thornton, AJ, Rios, PK, Dunn, Quentin, Crain, Frasor and Ohman.

I would start over and get some great top prospects into this organzation, so we can compete for many years to come and not just be a middle of the road team.

A team next year full of young hungry prospects couldn't do any worse, then what we have seen this year.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
If I had it my way. The Sox would trade Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Thornton, AJ, Rios, PK, Dunn, Quentin, Crain, Frasor and Ohman.

I would start over and get some great top prospects into this organzation, so we can compete for many years to come and not just be a middle of the road team.

A team next year full of young hungry prospects couldn't do any worse, then what we have seen this year.

:lolhitting

Sure if you mean 63 wins for an entire season...

I can't even imagine how much we would have to pay other teams to take all those guys off our hands.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Sure if you mean 63 wins for an entire season...

If I knew the Sox were taking a step back for a year or two for the greater purpose of having a consistent farm system and ability to produce their own players for 2014-2020, I'd be ok with a 99-loss season.

Nothing is worse than a mediocre to bad veteran team, and that's what we've been given the last few years. Enough is enough.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Despite my saying the Sox aren't out of it, a few days ago when they were 5 back with 5+ weeks to play... history was still against them, they had maybe a 10% chance. Now they are 7 back with less than 5 weeks to play, so now we're probably 5% or less.

Pitchers having major reconstructive surgeries, this is a pattern that has repeated itself many times. Is it a guarantee? No. But I feel one heck of a lot more confident in Peavy getting back close to form, than I do the Sox winning the division.

The Sox are chasing the team that lost the Division Championship with a 3 game lead with 4 games to go remember? :lolhitting

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
If I knew the Sox were taking a step back for a year or two for the greater purpose of having a consistent farm system and ability to produce their own players for 2014-2020, I'd be ok with a 99-loss season.

Nothing is worse than a mediocre to bad veteran team, and that's what we've been given the last few years. Enough is enough.

It takes more than a year or two to restock the farm system and establish top level young players. We are talking about several years of mediocrity, and even then its not a proven solution.

Not even remotely possible. You'd have to take the "top prospects" you get from Danks/Quentin and give them right back (along with massive $$) to have anyone take the rest of those contracts.

The Sox just have to weather the Peavy/Rios/Dunn contract storm as best they can. Those three along with Buehrle and Konerko should be viewed as the core going into next year. You have to build around that group for the next 2-3 years. That leaves a lot of holes with not a lot of money to fill them.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)

the only problem is there is no way to "know" that.

Guys most likely to get dealt IMO are obviously Danks and CQ...but I'd put Beckham right at the top of that list of players to be dealt. It feels like the Cubs Part II being stuck with these albatross contracts of Rios and Dunn...geez.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
Guys most likely to get dealt IMO are obviously Danks and CQ...but I'd put Beckham right at the top of that list of players to be dealt. It feels like the Cubs Part II being stuck with these albatross contracts of Rios and Dunn...geez.

With Danks the Sox need to go to him with their best offer and say this is it. If they aren't close at all, he needs to go. If they are close, get the deal done and go from there.