Who starts for Sox in '12

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Then Marty, there have been a lot of "stupid" White Sox fans this season.

And maybe a lot more are considering the economic ROI of spending on the Sox rather than saving, paying down credit card debt or using it for a vacation or big screen HD tv, etc.

I don't care if people by tickets or not. Those that don't however are no smarter than those that do.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Buehrle

Danks

Sale

Floyd

Peavy

with Humber as long man in the pen to take over when Peavy gets injured.

And yes, I know that's 3 lefty starters, but there's no law against that.

Accomplishing that will take a $125 million team salary again.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
It's definitely the case. I don't know why a Sox beat-writer would have such trouble with something like this, it's incredibly straight forward, to put that in an article that's specifically focused on the 2012 rotation is pretty sad. All you have to remember is it doesn't mean a damn thing how many times a player has been traded, released or claimed off waivers, his service number stays with him and determines his free agent status. If he's going to have 2 years of service following this season and is not under contract then he's ours for 4 more years and will be pre-arb next season, easy stuff. I know it sounds like a small miscue but the illogical approach he had to take in order to come to the conclusion he did is inexcusable. He'll make like $550-$600K next season.

Hmm apparently you are overqualified to be a Sox beatwriter, and qualified to be AGM

http://www.csnchicago.com/08/25/11/Arms-Ra...&feedID=621

Arms Race: Who starts for White Sox in 2012?

Brett Ballantini

By Brett Ballantini

CSNChicago.com White Sox Insider

SEATTLE - In the shapeshifting world of baseball, it's not the least bit curious to be embroiled in a pennant race on your throwing hand, while looking ahead to next season with your glove hand.

Of course, I was distracted enough Thursday night by the pennant race that I flubbed a key fact in forecasting next season's Chicago White Sox pitching rotation in assuming that Phil Humber would be a free agent in 2012.

I had some quick queries on that via Twitter (cap tips to @JimMargalus, @ProfessorFog and @SoxNet). But in truth, none of us had the exact circumstances of Humber's future correct; the common presumption was that Humber was under team control for two future seasons (through 2013) but according to White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn, Humber will finish 2011 with 2.0 years of service time, arbitration eligible for the first time for the 2013 season and thus under White Sox control until 2015.

In other words, rather than seeing Humber as one-and-done with the White Sox, he's actually a cornerstone of the future rotation, more so than everyone, even Chris Sale.