8/26 GT - SOX @ M's - 9:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
They need to develop a WAR metric for managers. Ozzie's would be -14.5. Brent should have way more than 160 ABs.

Would an OF of Lilli-De Aza-Viciedo with Milledge as the 4th OF be the worst thing in the world for next year?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
Would an OF of Lilli-De Aza-Viciedo with Milledge as the 4th OF be the worst thing in the world for next year?

Yes

I think one of the best things about Lillibridge this season is how Ozzie has used him, I don't think wed be seeing the same production had he been a starter this whole time..

and lol, I remember when J4L called Lilli an embarrassment to the game of baseball

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
They need to develop a WAR metric for managers. Ozzie's would be -14.5. Brent should have way more than 160 ABs.

Yes, it's insane.

It's amazing to me that anyone can support Ozzie after this season, where endless opportunities were given to the worthless, and precious few were given to the productive.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)

That's no good for me. Viciedo in RF is fine. I don't think Lillibridge or De Aza are everyday players. I liken Lilly to the role Mike Napoli has filled for the Rangers. Napoli has started at 1B. C and DH. Lilly can play all 3 OF positions, 2B, 1B and DH. There's plenty of at bats for him without overexposing him. De Aza is a 4th OF to me. Rios is going nowhere, obviously. I do want a LF with some pop.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Yes

I think one of the best things about Lillibridge this season is how Ozzie has used him, I don't think wed be seeing the same production had he been a starter this whole time..

and lol, I remember when J4L called Lilli an embarrassment to the game of baseball

Well he was. Find me one human being that predicted this kinda pop.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
That's no good for me. Viciedo in RF is fine. I don't think Lillibridge or De Aza are everyday players. I liken Lilly to the role Mike Napoli has filled for the Rangers. Napoli has started at 1B. C and DH. Lilly can play all 3 OF positions, 2B, 1B and DH. There's plenty of at bats for him without overexposing him. De Aza is a 4th OF to me. Rios is going nowhere, obviously. I do want a LF with some pop.

I have to agree, at least in regards to the Elf. ~300AB's in a super-utility role would be the best plan for him next season, IMO, and we'll see how that goes.

I'm going to reserve a call on De Aza role until after the season. I love the guy, but need to see more before deciding if he is or isn't an everyday guy. His career path has been different enough that he really could be that rare diamond in the rough.

Getting a confident grasp on the capabilities of these guys should be a primary goal as we play out the string.

Seems like Crain has been up in the zone with everything for the last 2 months. At times, almost seems like he has a sore back. His numbers are good, but I recall him dominating the 2nd half last year with a slider in the dirt.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Seems like Crain has been up in the zone with everything for the last 2 months. At times, almost seems like he has a sore back. His numbers are good, but I recall him dominating the 2nd half last year with a slider in the dirt.

hard to complain about a guy who has a 1.69 era in 58 ip this year.. i know you arent doing that though, i just wanted to point out hes been pretty dominant all year for us

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 04:44 AM)
Lillibridge is just awesome right now. Very short, compact swing.

He's a power hitter.

Not a knock on him. It's amazing but the little Elf is a true power hitter.

His whole approach.

And he's actually a better one than Dunn which is hilarious.