6/28 GT - SOX @ M's - 3:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Impartial scouting reports say otherwise. He will be tolerable out there if he hits.

Unfortunately, I believe Buddy Bell thinks Viciedo has become a solid OF'er. I have no faith that Buddy Bell could distinguish a solid defensive OF'er from one who was not.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Serious question...how many of those scouting reports are up to date as of the middle of this season such that they would actually prove Buddy Bell wrong there?

They vary from a few months to a few weeks old. Do you really think Buddy Bell is going to be critical of his prospects? Dayan's defensive acumen starts and ends with his arm.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
Unfortunately, I believe Buddy Bell thinks Viciedo has become a solid OF'er. I have no faith that Buddy Bell could distinguish a solid defensive OF'er from one who was not.

How on Earth are you coming to that evaluation?

What player has Buddy Bell said is a solid defensive OF who has then come up and played defense like Juan Pierre?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
They vary from a few months to a few weeks old. Do you really think Buddy Bell is going to be critical of his prospects? Dayan's defensive acumen starts and ends with his arm.

Yes, I think Buddy Bell doing his job would be to say something close to the reality on players. If he's weak on defense, I'd expect him to say that he needs to continue working on it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
See what Jennings is doing for Tampa?

What a huge afternoon he had today...

Although they are just as guilty...they waited til late July to bring him up when they could have used him on opening day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Yes, I think Buddy Bell doing his job would be to say something close to the reality on players. If he's weak on defense, I'd expect him to say that he needs to continue working on it.

Suit yourself. It's quite telling when Buddy Bell is one of the only people you will find praising his defense. I like Dayan, but he has his warts and they are in the field.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)

Really? Because his last two products (Lilli and De Aza) are our best defensive OF.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
How on Earth are you coming to that evaluation?

What player has Buddy Bell said is a solid defensive OF who has then come up and played defense like Juan Pierre?

Buddy Bell vouched for Teahen's defense at 3B before he was traded for.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Bell just took a life long infielder and turned him into a plus OFer. If that is bad at his job, I want more people who are bad at their jobs.

How is Bell receiving credit for Lillbridge being good defensively in the outfield?