Tyler Flowers' grand slam

StatManDu

QUOTE (StatManDu @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Tyler Flowers' grand slam today was the first by a Sox rookie catcher since Miguel Olivo went deep with the bags drunk at Wrigley on June 20, 2003

And a freakin' monster it was.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
And a freakin' monster it was.

He strikes out a lot but I like Flowers. I vote for dealing AJP to a contender now and going with Flowers/Castro next year with Flowers the regular.

Ozzie haters who say he throws players under the bus (which is absurd) must watch the replay of Flowers and Dayan's homers today.

He hits Viciedo on the shoulder and also greets Flowers after the bombs.

It's unfair to say he doesn't like the young players. Watch the dugout greeting after the bombs.

I am gonna miss Ozzeroo.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
Ozzie haters who say he throws players under the bus (which is absurd) must watch the replay of Flowers and Dayan's homers today.

It's unfair to say he doesn't like the young players. Watch the dugout greeting after the bombs.

I am gonna miss Ozzeroo.

I'm not sure what this post means. Why wouldn't he congratulate his players after a HR? And how could a manager throw a player who hit a grand slam under the bus? I've mentioned this before, your love for Ozzie is commending, but now you're just reaching for reasons to sing his praises.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)

I am gonna miss Ozzeroo.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
He strikes out a lot but I like Flowers. I vote for dealing AJP to a contender now and going with Flowers/Castro next year with Flowers the regular.

Wasn't Castro putting up a Dunn type average in the minors?