And that's a youth-led winner!

Balta1701

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from the box that somebody named "D. Viciedo" went 2 for 3 with a bomb and 3 RBIs. I assume he must be some sort of a recent, waiver wire acquisition. Its a shame we couldn't have added a hitter with that kind of line earlier.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
I see from the box that somebody named "D. Viciedo" went 2 for 3 with a bomb and 3 RBIs. I assume he must be some sort of a recent, waiver wire acquisition. Its a shame we couldn't have added a hitter with that kind of line earlier.

And he took a walk.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
Ozzie is going off again....I cant stand this guy

Is he blasting Dayan?

Great win today.

Had we made Viciedo a starter before the allstar break when we should have, we might be in first place. I see Becks got 2 hits. Were they ropes? Gotta dream he can return to the old Becks. And Floyd is now 12-10. Not bad.

I know it won't happen, but can the Sox finally have one month of utter dominance? They've sucked almost every month this season. How bout a 25-5 September.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
should i pick up dayan in my fantasy league??

I don't think he'll get enough at bats to do that. We still have Oz being stubborn in his final 4 weeks as mayor of the South Side. Oz isn't going to play him regularly IMO. Dunn n Rios baby. He wants to prove a point that no manager could win with those 2 albatrosses.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Is he blasting Dayan?

Great win today.

Had we made Viciedo a starter before the allstar break when we should have, we might be in first place. I see Becks got 2 hits. Were they ropes? Gotta dream he can return to the old Becks. And Floyd is now 12-10. Not bad.

I know it won't happen, but can the Sox finally have one month of utter dominance? They've sucked almost every month this season. How bout a 25-5 September.

He is blasting the people who thought he should have been up here 2 months ago. You know basically the same rant he had when people were questioning him for the Thome decision.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:46 AM)
He is blasting the people who thought he should have been up here 2 months ago. You know basically the same rant he had when people were questioning him for the Thome decision.

I wanna hear it. It should be a wild final month of quotes from Oz as he goes out like a lion. Next year, nobody's gonna care what he has to say managing in sunny, nobody-cares-bout-baseball state of Florida.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
I wanna hear it. It should be a wild final month of quotes from Oz as he goes out like a lion. Next year, nobody's gonna care what he has to say managing in sunny, nobody-cares-bout-baseball state of Florida.

Im sure itll be on the score in a little bit. Basically he doesnt give a **** about what we have to say(asked about Viciedo).

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:48 AM)
Im sure itll be on the score in a little bit. Basically he doesnt give a **** about what we have to say(asked about Viciedo).

If he blasted the fans directly ... this could be the one where Jerry fires him immediately.

Right?

I don't know why in Oz's tenure here he was against change. Most teams make changes to spark the club at the trade deadline or all star break. For some reason he doesn't like that. I can't remember, but did all the teams he played on pretty much stand pat during the season?? That's one part of his makeup I don't understand. Maybe in his later years as a player he was worried the Sox might acquire some SS better than him for the second half or something.

I guess in his mind the only place we could have played Viciedo was left because there's 14 million reasons to play Dunn at DH. And Oz loves Juan so he couldn't play Dayan in left. He should blast KW instead of the fans. KW didn't need to acquire Juan in the first place if Dayan was ML ready this season. We coulda put somebody else in left last year, some hack like Milledge or Jones while waiting for Dayan to be ready.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
I don't think he'll get enough at bats to do that. We still have Oz being stubborn in his final 4 weeks as mayor of the South Side. Oz isn't going to play him regularly IMO. Dunn n Rios baby. He wants to prove a point that no manager could win with those 2 albatrosses.

Proven. Time to move on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
If he blasted the fans directly ... this could be the one where Jerry fires him immediately.

Right?

I don't know why in Oz's tenure here he was against change. Most teams make changes to spark the club at the trade deadline or all star break. For some reason he doesn't like that. I can't remember, but did all the teams he played on pretty much stand pat during the season?? That's one part of his makeup I don't understand. Maybe in his later years as a player he was worried the Sox might acquire some SS better than him for the second half or something.

I guess in his mind the only place we could have played Viciedo was left because there's 14 million reasons to play Dunn at DH. And Oz loves Juan so he couldn't play Dayan in left. He should blast KW instead of the fans. KW didn't need to acquire Juan in the first place if Dayan was ML ready this season. We coulda put somebody else in left last year, some hack like Milledge or Jones while waiting for Dayan to be ready.

I dont see how this one could get him fired.There have been some bad ones that I thought for sure he would get fired for but hasnt.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
Proven. Time to move on.

Absolutely proven this year. It's ok that our 2 young guys struggled but adding another 0-8 to your existing 0-8 is impossible. I wish we had Kotsay this year; Oz mighta had a chance. In hindsight, none of this was Ozzie's fault which is good.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)

I'm glad he's pissed and defensive. Viciedo made him look like the idiot he is today in a big way today.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
Yeah I just remembered the one vs. KC a couple weeks ago after I posted that. I tried to hurry up and delete that post, lol

This one today was pretty impressive. Flowers is the guy ATL didn't want to part with these days.

How good does that Javy trade look right now?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
This one today was pretty impressive. Flowers is the guy ATL didn't want to part with these days.

How good does that Javy trade look right now?

One helluva lot better.

Gilmore might even be turning into a prospect now, possibly. Santos Rodriguez still has an outside chance.

Hell, I was happy just having the salary and the loser-stink of Javy off the club.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm glad he's pissed and defensive. Viciedo made him look like the idiot he is today in a big way today.

You know as soon as Viciedo hit that dinger his brain was working in defense mode for questions that were gonna fly at him. Those weren't random remarks...he had a while to stew on 'em. You know the first word to pop into Ozzie's brain on the 3-run dinger was...."f***"!