And that's a youth-led winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
Gotta disagree here a bit BS...His plate discipline has clearly been improving as the year went on. BB by month

It was May when he really started raking and taking some walks, and when he went into his July/August injury slump that was when he started taking more walks than ever before.

Which probably never would have happened if he was on the Sox. His poor plate discipline would have remained untouched.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
No one here has, as far as I know, ever defended ozzie as a great on the field tactical manager. Not even Greg. The defending point for Ozzie was always supposed to be that he'd get the most out of his players. You could look at the projections coming into the season and the team would outperform them, at least by a little.

Adam Dunn, Alex Rios, Gordon Beckham, and a host of others simply should not be as bad as they are this season. If Ozzie Guillen's job is to get the most out of his players, he is utterly failing to do so, for whatever reason. So no, it may not be his fault that Dunn and Rios have imploded...but similarly, that cannot be used to defend him, because otherwise, there's no reason to keep him.

I could not agree more. The same is why Lovie keeps his job. Only in Chicago is getting the most out of your players more an important than being a good field general.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
No, acutally that's what you're trying to defend him with...when you say that it's not his fault when guys on his team bust apart and underperform. My argument is that managers can certainly matter...and based on this year's performance, Ozzie Guillen receives a mark that is well below average, nearly failing.

Furthermore, when you couple that failing grade to 2 below average performances in the last 2 years and 4 in the last 5, that record of futility is the single best reason to replace him.

That's the only fair way to evaluate Ozzie GUillen's performance on the whole. Wins and losses. And by that metric, Ozzie Guillen is failing to do the job he is paid to do.

The funny thing is IF the White Sox somehow got hot and finished 10 over .500 the country would laugh its ass off that Sox fans want to get rid of this WS champion manager. I'm not saying this team is capable of getting hot, but I would laugh my ass off at the capper to this s*** season if we finish 10-12 over .500 and Ozzie gets shown the door. Hilarious.

p.s. I still think we finish two under but I'm just saying.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
The funny thing is IF the White Sox somehow got hot and finished 10 over .500 the country would laugh its ass off that Sox fans want to get rid of this WS champion manager. I'm not saying this team is capable of getting hot, but I would laugh my ass off at the capper to this s*** season if we finish 10-12 over .500 and Ozzie gets shown the door. Hilarious.

p.s. I still think we finish two under but I'm just saying.

If the Sox got hot enough to surge to a division loss, no one will laugh at the team firing anyone.

3 division losses in 3 straight year is fireable no matter how good you did 6 years ago.