8/30 GT - SOX vs Twins - 7:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
It's nice to have an offense that isn't reliant on Quentin. His numbers are greater than his impact.

He just tends to put them up in massive streaks. He'll put up 25 RBI in 12 games and then go 25 games with 5 RBI. He's great when he's hot but then he gets into his black hole period for weeks.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)
It's nice to have an offense that isn't reliant on Quentin. His numbers are greater than his impact.

I disagree. He's streaky enough where he will win us a few games on his own during the year. In a perfect world, you get him and Viciedo in the same lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
I disagree. He's streaky enough where he will win us a few games on his own during the year. In a perfect world, you get him and Viciedo in the same lineup.

Yeah, but he's too streaky to be a cleanup hitter. He'd bet a better 5th or 6th place hitter.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:37 AM)
Yeah, but he's too streaky to be a cleanup hitter. He'd bet a better 5th or 6th place hitter.

Is it even worth debating though? Seems like there's no chance he's brought back. I think we'll miss Quentin more than we think.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)

Right and you pay the price of having a bad OF'er playing as you wait on those streaks. He has value, just think it's overstated.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Is it even worth debating though? Seems like there's no chance he's brought back. I think we'll miss Quentin more than we think.

Imagine where the Sox would be had it not been for run production from Konerko and Q in the 1st half and if I remember right Q was hot pretty soon after the ASB. Hopefully if he leaves we have Tank and Ale to pick up the slack and more.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Right and you pay the price of having a bad OF'er playing as you wait on those streaks. He has value, just think it's overstated.

He didnt look bad in the field this year and leading the league in extra base hits for much of the season isn't a bad thing either.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
He didnt look bad in the field this year and leading the league in extra base hits for much of the season isn't a bad thing either.

Quentin played an above average outfield this year, in my opinion.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Quentin played an above average outfield this year, in my opinion.

His reads seem much better this year compared to last . I think it was just that 1st year going back to right field and getting adjusted to it again.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside