8/30 GT - SOX vs Twins - 7:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
LOL and SMH at Rios hitting 4th again. f*** you Ozzie.

Ozzie is sandwiching Rios between the Captain and the Tank so he will see some good pitches. With my Ozzie jersey on tonight, I'm pretty sure Rios is going to go 3 for 4 with a dinger. My pick to Click...RIOS!!!!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Ozzie is sandwiching Rios between the Captain and the Tank so he will see some good pitches. With my Ozzie jersey on tonight, I'm pretty sure Rios is going to go 3 for 4 with a dinger. My pick to Click...RIOS!!!!

Rios has zero power.

There may be more going on to why his numbers are down but that is purely speculative.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

You might as well let Zach Stewart bat in between Paulie and the Tank. You'll see similar results.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
LOL at the Rios thing. Ozzie going out in a blaze of Ozzie saying FU to everybody.

He has to get the attention now cause once he's in Florida nobody will care the rest of his career. He's gonna be there a long time.

Very surprised he's still playing Tank and DeAza and Flowers. Flowers' time is about up with AJ to return soon.

HaHaha yea that is hilarious to intentionally put out bad lineups to sabotage a team. So funny. And Ozzie will be so loved in Florida for whatever reason you may decide that makes no sens. HaHaHa, LOLZ, HaHaHa.

*thumb points to greg775* Love this guy. So funny

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Isn't Wise's picture on the outfield wall where he made the best catch in Sox history?

One great catch does not a great player make.

Joe Borchard hit a 500 foot HR once. Doesn't make him a great hitter.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
HaHaha yea that is hilarious to intentionally put out bad lineups to sabotage a team. So funny. And Ozzie will be so loved in Florida for whatever reason you may decide that makes no sens. HaHaHa, LOLZ, HaHaHa.

He's going to be loved in Florida because he's sassy and funny and loud and in your face and will still make bad decisions. Yeah, he'll be loved...for a couple seasons.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)

I think everything about the KW/Oz hatred of each other is hilarious.

Jerry lets it go on, so ultimately Jerry deserves to be hit in the pocketbook and the ridicule.

Yes it's funny Ozzie is batting Rios fourth for personal reasons.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Wait till Ozzie brings Greg Walker to Florida and Mike Stanton only hits 14 home runs next year.

And Hanley Ramirez starts swining at pitches high and outside the strike zone.

I'm heading out to the game tonight, first game back to Chicago since the Halfway to St. Pat's game from last year. I'm on an 0-4 skid (including two in the Kansas City series, one of which was the WP in extras loss) hoping to break my slide. If I don't, I'm moving to Boston in a few days anyway so maybe I'll hit them with my curse.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
.684 OPS after the all-star break after an .878 OPS before the break. That could be construed as a warning. Though nobody could've truly predicted this kinda sucktitude.

A lot of people predicted that Rios was going to be bad this year but this kind of awful? Ya not so much. But as you mentioned there were plenty of warning signs with him.

Well, it's not like the attendance will really matter....still, you'd like to think they would want to avoid a DH at all costs.

Just seems so difficult to sweep one.

Meanwhile, Cy Fister has a "perfect game" against the Royals through 5 IP. Jeff Francis has only given up one baserunner (hit) through 4 IP, but he's faced the minimum as well. (Royals had 18 hits against likely #2 playoff starter Max Scherzer yesterday).

Exciting August baseball. Well...one more day and the "real" scoreboard watching starts, according to Adam Dunn.

Didn't realize the Yankees were 2-10 against Boston and CC was 0-4 individually. And Michael Morse has 23 homers. Yay, Sox farm system.

Edited by caulfield12

Through the 6th, no score yet in DET still.

Didn't realize Swarzak had pitched so well for MN. Unintentional intentional walk to pitch around Konerko and get to Rios.

Meanwhile, Rios still can't hit anything on the outside half of the plate....still trying to pull everything.

Edited by caulfield12