... it's about time

bozzie

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 06:00 AM)
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...p;sct=hp_bf2_a6

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...6#ixzz1XjcqZXU3

I think being traded would be teh perfect end to Oz's tenure here. Unique, just like him.

As long as we don't have to pay Ozzie next year, I don't care who we deal him for. One of Kenny or Ozzie has to go, and I prefer it be Ozzie. Let Kenny actually have his own guy for once.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
Are you alleging that Kenny Williams did not make the decision to hire Ozzie Guillen post 2003?

He's hinted at that multiple times now.

From what I have seen and heard... KW was interviewing candidates. JR said, hey, talk with Ozzie too, you might be pleasantly surprised. JR and KW both claim vehemently that it was KW's call, and the two of them did seem to get along well at first.

Its hard to say of KW hired Ozzie under pressure. It is also not black and white - I highly doubt Jerry said "you will hire Ozzie". But it is also pretty naive to think that JR's liking of Ozzie didn't at least play into Kenny's mind somewhat. I'd bet that Kenny was willing to hire Ozzie anyway, and JR liking him put him over the top.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
You keep saying that, but I have never seen evidence of it. Could be true, but again, I don't think it is that black and white.

Its been said for years. Ozzie won over JR in a one on one interview. Kenny wanted Cito, but Gaston wanted too much money, so JR pushed Ozzie instead. I remember this being talked about in the wake of the hire years ago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I heard the Caulfield version...that Ozzie was strong in his interviews. That he was ordered to hire Ozzie by the Chairman is not one I regularly hear.

"won over" is code for "was told to hire". Especially hearing about JR's vetos of moves this year, it makes sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
"won over" is code for "was told to hire". Especially hearing about JR's vetos of moves this year, it makes sense.

Again...if I were a GM, and I were put in a situation where I not only coudln't fire my manager but I couldn't even make the choice of manager, I'd resign.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Again...if I were a GM, and I were put in a situation where I not only coudln't fire my manager but I couldn't even make the choice of manager, I'd resign.

I agree. I think JR's "meddling" is way overblown. I don't think hiring Ozzie was forced on KW. I do believe interviewing him was probably forced. If he can't hire or fire people (although I do think the Walker incident shows how immature KW really is) what does he do other than front for JR?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
I agree. I think JR's "meddling" is way overblown. I don't think hiring Ozzie was forced on KW. I do believe interviewing him was probably forced. If he can't hire or fire people (although I do think the Walker incident shows how immature KW really is) what does he do other than front for JR?

I mean, I'm one of the people who think that JR did force some of the moves this year.

That said, my firing or not firing of KW is entirely based on what he told JR about the risk going into last offseason.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

You don't think JR does the leg work and negotiations of deals do you?

That's a way to take the pressure off of Dunn Ozzie...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...it-anymore.html

Not Dunn yet

Adam Dunn was the designated hitter in his first action on the homestand. He was booed in the first after he struck out to end the inning, leaving the bases loaded. He singled in the sixth to end an 0-for-18 streak.

But the boos may have been the loudest when he struck out in the ninth inning with two men on and no outs.

The fans also were upset because Guillen didn’t pinch-hit for him with left-hander Tony Sipp pitching. Dunn is hitting .037 against lefties.

‘‘I thought about it, but he’s making $14 million a year,’’ Guillen said. ‘‘He has to earn it.

‘‘The reason we brought him here is to hit with men on base. That’s a lot of money to pinch-hit for. A lot of people were blaming me. No, blame him. He didn’t do the job today.’’

Dunn has struck out 160 times, the second-most by a Sox player behind Dave Nicholson, who struck out 175 times in 1963.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)

No, blame him. He didn’t do the job today.

That's definitely the mantra of a players' manager. And there are still people that defend him. I thought you weren't supposed to throw your own players under the bus under any circumstance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)

Wow, that's f***ing ridiculous. I usually try to keep my b****ing about Ozzie to a minimum, but that's just crazy. On so many different levels.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Wow, that's f***ing ridiculous. I usually try to keep my b****ing about Ozzie to a minimum, but that's just crazy. On so many different levels.

Yeah, his saying that he thought about pinch hitting for him but decided against it because he makes $14 million (which is inaccurate) is the exact opposite of what KW said would be done. I don't know which is worse, Ozzie making that dumbass decision or his outright saying why he made it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Yeah, his saying that he thought about pinch hitting for him but decided against it because he makes $14 million (which is inaccurate) is the exact opposite of what KW said would be done. I don't know which is worse, Ozzie making that dumbass decision or his outright saying why he made it.

*enter Victoryautowreckers98 to back up this idiocy*

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 05:54 AM)
I think it's time to break up the KW / Oz tandem, they are not working together

I think Oz is the one to go

I do not believe another manager would have this team in first

I think KW had the right mix this season, but no one could reliably predicted Dunn's season, Peavy Problems, etc

The solution to big contracts is never sign a quality veteran.

10 out, I don't know how a case can be made that the 'talent was there"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Adam Dunn was the designated hitter in his first action on the homestand. He was booed in the first after he struck out to end the inning, leaving the bases loaded. He singled in the sixth to end an 0-for-18 streak.

But the boos may have been the loudest when he struck out in the ninth inning with two men on and no outs.

The fans also were upset because Guillen didn’t pinch-hit for him with left-hander Tony Sipp pitching. Dunn is hitting .037 against lefties.

‘‘I thought about it, but he’s making $14 million a year,’’ Guillen said. ‘‘He has to earn it.

‘‘The reason we brought him here is to hit with men on base. That’s a lot of money to pinch-hit for. A lot of people were blaming me. No, blame him. He didn’t do the job today.’’

For once, Ozzie displays the irreverence and fire that brought a World Series to Chicago and made fans - once - love him.

As for throwing Dung under the bus, Dung has done that to himself.

It has not been reported that he has done a single thing to try to break out of his slump. He is lazy.

Ozzie should have called him out in July, not September.

There's a difference between "accountability" and throwing someone under the bus. Finally, after six months of agony for Sox fans, White Sox management is holding Adam Dung accountable.

Meanwhile, I have it on good authority that all Adam Dung is holding is a Tall Boy.

He's a fat, lazy pig and played like it. Check that, even a sloppy boar could hit more than .037 against left handed pitching.

He deserves anything Ozzie Guillen wants to say about him.