... it's about time

bozzie

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
For once, Ozzie displays the irreverence and fire that brought a World Series to Chicago and made fans - once - love him.

As for throwing Dung under the bus, Dung has done that to himself.

It has not been reported that he has done a single thing to try to break out of his slump. He is lazy.

Ozzie should have called him out in July, not September.

There's a difference between "accountability" and throwing someone under the bus. Finally, after six months of agony for Sox fans, White Sox management is holding Adam Dung accountable.

Meanwhile, I have it on good authority that all Adam Dung is holding is a Tall Boy.

He's a fat, lazy pig and played like it. Check that, even a sloppy boar could hit more than .037 against left handed pitching.

He deserves anything Ozzie Guillen wants to say about him.

I'll try to lay off the personal attacks, but the basic premise is true. Ozzie should blast Dunn. This is supposed to be big-boy baseball, not Little League.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
10 out, I don't know how a case can be made that the 'talent was there"

It was there...just happened to be on the bench and in AAA

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
I'll try to lay off the personal attacks, but the basic premise is true. Ozzie should blast Dunn. This is supposed to be big-boy baseball, not Little League.

You know what would be even crazier? If he *gasp* didn't f***ing play him.

I honestly believe we could have won the division or came within a game or 2 if our lineup was made by a 6 year old who only had BA/HR/RBI to look at after July 15th.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

I honestly believe we could have won the division or came within a game or 2 if our lineup was made by a 6 year old who only had BA/HR/RBI to look at after July 15th.

A DH by committee would have worked just fine . . .

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
I would rate the possible scenarios from best to worst

Kenny promoted, new GM, Oz gone

Kenny stays, Oz gone

Both gone

Both stay

Oz stays, KW gone --> that would be a disaster

+ a bajillionty. These are the scenarios in exact order for me, too.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

Since De Aza and Viciedo started receiving regular playing time the team has lost ground in the standings. Your belief has no merit.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Since De Aza and Viciedo started receiving regular playing time the team has lost ground in the standings. Your belief has no merit.

Detroit has put up a >.900 OPS as a team for the last 2 weeks. The Sox have lost ground because Detroit has been on fire.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
I didn't realize that the Indians and Twins borrowed our roster for the last 1.5 weeks. What rule are they allowed to do that with?

Fair enough. You are among those that believe the Sox win this division if they play De Aza and Viciedo sooner. And here I thought I was doing you a favor.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:00 AM)

Or we could have won the division if the GM didn't bring in overpaid stiffs like Dunn and Rios. And waste so much money on Peavy. KW's one sentence in the media how Ozzie was allowed to bench the zillionaires was MASTERFUL in making KW look good. Totally shifted the blame from KW to Oz. Good job, Kenny.

If you believe in reality of sports you understand why Ozzie plays Dunn and Rios.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Or we could have won the division if the GM didn't bring in overpaid stiffs like Dunn and Rios. And waste so much money on Peavy. KW's one sentence in the media how Ozzie was allowed to bench the zillionaires was MASTERFUL in making KW look good. Totally shifted the blame from KW to Oz. Good job, Kenny.

If you believe in reality of sports you understand why Ozzie plays Dunn and Rios.

Teams have played guys because of their contracts. KW publicly stated that Ozzie didn't have to do that. If privately its something different, why isn't the honest Ozzie popping off about it? Ozzie hasn't been playing Dunn much lately in case you haven't noticed, then when there is a situation where perhaps the Sox can win a game doesn't pinch hit for him vs a LHP whom Adam is hitting .037 against because suddenly in Ozzie's opinion, Dunn has to earn his paycheck. Maybe if Ozzie wasn't so all over the place it would be one thing, but his inconstency shows on a daily basis. The Marlins will spend millions constructing new trophy cases if they bring him in, as Frank Thomas would say, no doubt about it, but his time here is up, and the White Sox will be better for it when he and his knucklehead nemisis KW hit the road.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)

bleh, I had a response typed but there's no point any more, you can't get by your blind backing of Ozzie to have a logical discussion on the matter. Hilarious

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ozzie and Kenny were both back in the same positions next season.

It seems to me that Jerry Reinsdorf is getting too old and too soft to effectively run this organization.

If that does happen, it's practically guaranteeing a return to the mid/late 90's and late 80's for White Sox baseball.

Not even JR at his age would dare to come back with the same management team (especially Walker) intact....lose Hahn, lose Buehrle and bring back Rios and Dunn as starters. You just can't sell that to the fans.

We should ask Brooks Boyer via e-mail his "nightmare/doomsday scenario" for the biggest possible marketing challenge that he could potentially face. It might look something like the above.

Even Hahn as GM and Ozzie returning as manager (with Walker) would be easier to sell than ZERO change.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
bleh, I had a response typed but there's no point any more, you can't get by your blind backing of Ozzie to have a logical discussion on the matter. Hilarious

I'm sick of reading the blame going to Ozzie for those two players' pathetic performances. For me it grows as old as Ozzie praise to you.

I will shed no tears nor will I be mad if Ozzie goes to Florida. I just comment when I think he's getting an unfair rap.

I find it amazing people think he should have benched Rios and Dunn months ago.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
I'm sick of reading the blame going to Ozzie for those two players' pathetic performances. For me it grows as old as Ozzie praise to you.

I will shed no tears nor will I be mad if Ozzie goes to Florida. I just comment when I think he's getting an unfair rap.

I find it amazing people think he should have benched Rios and Dunn months ago.

Benched permanently? Not until recently.

Not hitting against LHP. Yes.

Not hitting anywhere near 4th-6th in the line-up. Check.

Put in positions to succeed where a "positive outcome" could reasonably be expected? Obviously.