AJ and Phil in rehab starts...

southsider2k5

"The AJ Situation"

Forced to remove their injured catcher from the team, Kenny calls upon the help of his friend Tyler Flowers. Ozzie's friend, AJ Pierzynski, is due back from the DL soon, and he is very anxious that AJ not encounter the scene of Tyler Flowers contributing nicely to the team. At Kenny's request, Marsellus Wallace arranges for the help of Winston Wolf.

But really, it will be interesting to see what happens when AJ comes back. Assuming he goes right back to starting behind the plate, why not DH Flowers, toss Dayan in RF, and ADA in CF?

When is Quentin back?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
"The AJ Situation"

Forced to remove their injured catcher from the team, Kenny calls upon the help of his friend Tyler Flowers. Ozzie's friend, AJ Pierzynski, is due back from the DL soon, and he is very anxious that AJ not encounter the scene of Tyler Flowers contributing nicely to the team. At Kenny's request, Marsellus Wallace arranges for the help of Winston Wolf.

But really, it will be interesting to see what happens when AJ comes back. Assuming he goes right back to starting behind the plate, why not DH Flowers, toss Dayan in RF, and ADA in CF?

When is Quentin back?

Ozzie wont play both his catchers at the same time( which is pretty standard practice) unless when AJ comes back they don't send Lucy down which is highly unlikely. I"'ll be happy to see AJ back if it means Rios won't be batting 4th anymore and sad that it will most likely put Flowers back on the bench when he's been playing pretty damn good.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Ozzie wont play both his catchers at the same time( which is pretty standard practice) unless when AJ comes back they don't send Lucy down which is highly unlikely. I"'ll be happy to see AJ back if it means Rios won't be batting 4th anymore and sad that it will most likely put Flowers back on the bench when he's been playing pretty damn good.

Odds are that Lucy stays on the roster (no reason not to).

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)

I don't think Lucy is getting sent down- September call-ups are tomorrow, which should allow him to remain.

Though I agree there probably won't be much of (or any) Flowers/AJ in the same lineup.