White Sox Winner!!!!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
I thought we were done for both times we went down by 3. I also had a real bad feeling with Mauer on deck as the potential go ahead run in the 9th. I'm glad it turned out (again) that I don't know s***.

That was the old Sox the White Sox , theses guys are the Knight Sox rescuing games in distress !

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
Imagine if they infused this talent earlier.

I've been screaming about getting Viciedo up here forever. I'll admit I was a little late on the De Aza train until I saw how good his numbers really were at Charlotte.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
I've been screaming about getting Viciedo up here forever. I'll admit I was a little late on the De Aza train until I saw how good his nuubers really were at Charlotte.

The entire baseball world was on the Viciedo train. And what's sad is that he would still be at Charlotte had CQ not gotten hurt. Even with a September call-up, his playing time would be sporadic at best with CQ healthy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Imagine if they infused this talent earlier.

They needed to do something...anything...and they didn't. Their hand was forced on the infusion...and it's paid dividends!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
The entire baseball world was on the Viciedo train. And what's sad is that he would still be at Charlotte had CQ not gotten hurt. Even with a September call-up, his playing time would be sporadic at best with CQ healthy.

Not everyone but I won't take you so literally. I've even recently seen a few posts that keeping him down was the right thing to do.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Not this version. This team is terrible. It'd be a lot sweeter to beat them when they're actually good.

I honestly don't care. I'm at the point now where I just want to see the Twins lose and suffer, especially at our hands.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Not everyone but I won't take you so literally. I've even recently seen a few posts that keeping him down was the right thing to do.

Yahoo!, fangraphs and baseball prospectus was all over it like two months ago. Who the hell was saying keeping him down was the right thing to do? Guys like Jennings, Kipnis, Ackley, Hosmer, Alonso, etc, all got called-up, yet Dayan was supposed to toil in the minors?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
I honestly don't care. I'm at the point now where I just want to see the Twins lose and suffer, especially at our hands.

They're not suffering, though. They've been done. I'll take the wins, of course. I'm just saying we haven't magically 'solved' the Twins. They'll be back next year. When was the last time they've been bad two years in a row? The 90's?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Yahoo!, fangraphs and baseball prospectus was all over it like two months ago. Who the hell was saying keeping him down was the right thing to do? Guys like Jennings, Kipnis, Ackley, Hosmer, Alonso, etc, all got called-up, yet Dayan was supposed to toil in the minors?

It was some posters on this board I know that. I read everything posted and its in on of the threads about what might have been. I even wrote kenny a very respectful letter mentioning De Aza and Viciedo about a week or 2 before the trade deadline. Here it is.

Dear Mr. Williams,

Let me first assure you that I have no desire for my 15 minutes of fame. If you respond , nothing you say will be exposed in any way , shape or form. That being said, I hope you respond just as cordially as I am going to be in this communication. I understand you must be very busy , especially at this time of year when you must be fielding trade possibilities. With all that said let me get to the point.

I am a long time Sox fan . I am not writing to criticize you in any way. You always do what you think is best for the team and I appreciate that. However Dunn and Rios are having very, very bad seasons no matter how you look at the numbers either sabremetrically or the standard stats we're accustomed to seeing over many years. I understand they are a very large investment and therefore need to be given a lot of rope. The team defense is pretty adequate and the pitching ,both bullpen and starters ,have been stellar. You have 2 minor leaguers at AAA having very good seasons , De Aza and Viciedo. Most fans and I'm sure yourself as well, are frustrated seeing the good pitching continuously go to waste. Everything is fine except the offense. Seeing the same players under perform day after day and doing terribly at home is not fun to watch. I know attendance must also concern you and I can say without much doubt that unless changes are made soon things will not get better in that regard. Most informed fans already think Viciedo should 've been brought up long ago. I am not suggesting that we as fans know the personnel as good as you do. However you are the man in charge and I know you must be working on something. This division is very winnable and if the offense ever clicks I think we can contend for another world title but despite coming back from a terrible start we are floundering now especially at home against division opponents.

Please don't waste too much more time thinking standing pat is the answer. Trust me, I know you are somewhat hamstrung by players not doing what they are handsomely paid to do . I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now but we need an infusion of offense badly weather through trades or other personnel decisions. I know you are up to the task. Best of luck.

Best regards,

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
They're not suffering, though. They've been done. I'll take the wins, of course. I'm just saying we haven't magically 'solved' the Twins. They'll be back next year. When was the last time they've been bad two years in a row? The 90's?

23 games under is suffering if you ask me.

Here's a question...when was the last time the Sox beat the Twins in 5 straight games? They turned a corner last month when they swept the Twins in Minnesota. It was probably some kind of leap over a mental barrier - one partially created by Ozzie by constantly giving the Twins praise. Hopefully, this is the case, because I honestly don't think the Twins were more talented than the Sox over the past decade with the exception to last season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
I can't think of a single solitary poster on this board that said keeping Viciedo in the minors was the correct thing to do. Names or you're hallucinating.

Edit: greg and elrockin don't count.

Hey I know what I read its in recent topics still on the front page of Soxtalk. I'll see if I can find it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
23 games under is suffering if you ask me.

Here's a question...when was the last time the Sox beat the Twins in 5 straight games? They turned a corner last month when they swept the Twins in Minnesota. It was probably some kind of leap over a mental barrier - one partially created by Ozzie by constantly giving the Twins praise. Hopefully, this is the case, because I honestly don't think the Twins were more talented than the Sox over the past decade with the exception to last season.

Like you said, 23 games under. They've been done. It's not like we've personally ended their season. Believe me, I would love to talk s***. I just cant in this case. That said, just keep winning games. I no longer worry about draft position and such because this organization will either get it wrong or not spend. So may as well try to win this s***ty division.