Anyone Making the Trip to Comerica this Weekend?

jwmann2

I live in Cincinnati and have only seen one ballpark, Great American. Off all Labor Day weekend and this is a great matchup this weekend. Thought of making the trip up to catch the Sox. Anyone been to Detroit's ballpark? Never been to Detroit, period and curious to see if it as ghetto as what TV makes it out to be.

The Sox could really pick up some ground if they were able to get a sweep which I am sure you are all very pessimistic about.

I went to Comerica 6 or 7 years ago and I gotta admit, I really enjoyed it. Can't go too far in depth about it but when we went it was big, clean and nice. The statues out front are pretty cool too. Only real drawback for me was the food. Most of it was horses***. I've heard a lot of people badmouth the place but it was a perfectly acceptable baseball experience to me.

The area around the park isn't too bad, but the city in general i a real s*** hole. With the exception of that little area (Ford Field is next door too), the damn city is a sewer. Be careful is all I can say about the rest of Detroit.

The park is OK. It has some good unique features, and others that made me scratch my head. The worst part about it is that it is in Detroit, and where you have to drive through to get there. In all seriousness do not wander around anywhere but where the park is. If you stay in a hotel stay in the burbs, or have some fun, get your passport, and stay in Windsor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
The park is OK. It has some good unique features, and others that made me scratch my head. The worst part about it is that it is in Detroit, and where you have to drive through to get there. In all seriousness do not wander around anywhere but where the park is. If you stay in a hotel stay in the burbs, or have some fun, get your passport, and stay in Windsor.

You can still have some fun in Windsor, but it's not what it used to be. It seems to be suffering from the same economic issues as Detroit. I was there in February for a bachelor party.