8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
chip

chip

chip away. c'mon.

lol I hate the chip away comment now because of some guy on the slow pitch softball team. He always says that, sometimes we can be down by 8 with 2 more innings to play. Come on let's chip away. lol you can't just chip away when you're down that much, you need to cut it in half or more or something.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Then you wish him the best. He's not a 17 million dollar pitcher to me. 14 is the max the Sox should go.

If I were the Yankees this offseason and he were a FA this offseason, there's no reason at all not to offer him $100/6, and that's $16.6 million.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
He's not going to make 17 million a year.

Well...not next year, but 2013 as part of a long-term extension.

Hey Ozzie, maybe someone who's outhomering Dunn and Rios with 30-40% of their at-bats deserves more playing time down the stretch?

Nah, that would be too logical.

As it is, De Aza gets benched when Quentin comes back. Or even worse, DeAza/Viciedo in a platoon DH situation. Ugh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
I would expect it unless the Yankees and Red Sox sign a lot of pitchers in the next year.

Will Boston really be in the market for SP after 2012? Buchholz and Lester sorta give them a lot of depth.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
lol I hate the chip away comment now because of some guy on the slow pitch softball team. He always says that, sometimes we can be down by 8 with 2 more innings to play. Come on let's chip away. lol you can't just chip away when you're down that much, you need to cut it in half or more or something.

no way - i have the same guy on our team, the "it's not over" guy when we're down 11-2 after 1. Comic relief.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
If I were the Yankees this offseason and he were a FA this offseason, there's no reason at all not to offer him $100/6, and that's $16.6 million.

And that's why Danks should have been traded to the Yankees or Rangers at the deadline this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
Having Danks be hurt and struggle early this year really hurt the chances of that.

With Danks, the Sox should give them their best and last offer for a contract extension this offseason. If he says no, then you have to trade him. You can't afford to let him go to free agency, as the Sox will be outbid for him and honestly, getting two draft picks doesn't mean much to this organization.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Will Boston really be in the market for SP after 2012? Buchholz and Lester sorta give them a lot of depth.

They'll lose Dice K from the payroll by then.

Lackey's deal probably goes forever.

Then you have Josh Beckett and the ageless Wakefield.

Leadoff triple for Jackson, 4/4 today. Would have been nice if Gordon could have rebounded in 2011 like he did in 2010 and like Austin Jackson did this year in the 2nd half.

4-3 lead now for the Royals. Not counting on their bullpen holding up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
And that's why Danks should have been traded to the Yankees or Rangers at the deadline this year.

I say you sign Danks. Up the payroll. Reinsdorf can't cry poor and want to be a winner at the same time. Spend money to make money. People talk as if this year's payroll were huge and it makes me laugh. All of the partners are going to make money this season. It might be less than their projected earnings, but they will make money. You can't have a youth movement w/o the youth, and we don't have the prospects sitting down in the minors ready to make that move.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Whoever the GM is will have to try and unloaded at least one of the three busters for another bad contract. I can't see anyway you allow all of them back on the roster next year. Fans already hate them enough this year, and that's with a few remaining likable vets on this team. I just can't wait for Peavy to be our Opening Day starter next year because of his experience.

i will boycott opening day if that happens, maybe just sit in the parking lot and tailgate

if we by some miracle won the division, he should not be on the playoff roster

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)

If we can get some offesne we can dig ourselves out of this. Six runs allowed in the top of the 1st inning sure can be a deflater though

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
With Danks, the Sox should give them their best and last offer for a contract extension this offseason. If he says no, then you have to trade him. You can't afford to let him go to free agency, as the Sox will be outbid for him and honestly, getting two draft picks doesn't mean much to this organization.

Kind of like KW's rationalizing a Jon Adkins acquisition was about as good as draft picks for Ray Durham.

But hey, we saved a lot of money to watch Willie Harris struggle as a starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
4-3 Royals, bottom of the 8th

One way or the other we need the Royals to win. I will settle for a Tigers win as long as the Sox rally and win

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
How in the f*** is De Aza not playing today?

Oh please, if we're going to lose, I hope Rios goes 0-5 just to cause more tension between the fans and Ozzie. Today on the radio was the most heat I've ever heard Ozzie receive after a Sox win.