8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Game basically over in Detroit unless KC can somehow score off Valverde.

2 two-out doubles. Detroit deserves the division, plain and simple. And Ozzie/KW basically just gave it to them by not making any changes to the roster or line-up.

Nothing more true has ever been said.

It's fitting that yet another former Sox player (Betemit) has come back to make KW look stupid...

Thankfully, we don't see Hudson in our division. Can't imagine if he pitched against us and beat us so frequently as Verlander, Sabathia, Santana, Liriano, etc.

Too bad Tyler won't get to play enough to catch Morel in RBI's, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
They're just going to eat the rest of Dunn's contract after one really, really bad year?

I know it is going to be a tough decision. But, if this guy shows the same results in 2012 what do you think? Keep him occupying a spot and paying $14M a year for nothing? Cost out what we have paid him this year for his production. Or lack of it! Now maybe next year he is back and ready to contribute. It's a gamble for sure

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
No way, Figgins might be only player worse. If Ozzie gets to manage him, then god help us all.

Correct. His time has passed also. The Sox tried to get him before and luckily didn't

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
It's fitting that yet another former Sox player (Betemit) has come back to make KW look stupid...

Really, I don't think anyone is calling KW stupid for letting Betemit go.

If they are, I'll call them stupid.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I know it is going to be a tough decision. But, if this guy shows the same results in 2012 what do you think? Keep him occupying a spot and paying $14M a year for nothing? Cost out what we have paid him this year for his production. Or lack of it! Now maybe next year he is back and ready to contribute. It's a gamble for sure

You said that should be next year's lineup, though, meaning you'd cut Dunn based on 2011 alone. If his 2012 is similar to his 2011, that's a different scenario.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Really, I don't think anyone is calling KW stupid for letting Betemit go.

If they are, I'll call them stupid.

The revolving door of Fields, Teahen, Vizquel, Viciedo and Morel at 3B has made KW look stupid enough, as is.

Would have been better had we just kept Uribe after 2008 on a two-year contract.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Flowers beginning to fade after the hot start. Needs to make a lot more contact than he does, no doubt about it.

Flowers was never going to support that .350+ BABIP, we all knew that.

But there's every reason to think he can hold a .320 BABIP since he hits balls in play hard, and if he can hit enough HR's, he'll still come out as a .250+ hitter.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
You said that should be next year's lineup, though, meaning you'd cut Dunn based on 2011 alone. If his 2012 is similar to his 2011, that's a different scenario.

Cut? No you are not going to "cut" someone but trade yes

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
Flowers was never going to support that .350+ BABIP, we all knew that.

But there's every reason to think he can hold a .320 BABIP since he hits balls in play hard, and if he can hit enough HR's, he'll still come out as a .250+ hitter.

I think he's more likely to be a .225 batting average hitter, but he'll walk enough and hit 18-20 homers if he's a full time starter, which should make him valuable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
If Beckham still has significant trade value left, you have got to look into dealing him this offseason. He's another year away from full-out bust territory.

No you don't, unless you think that Tyler Kuhn is your opening day 2b next year right now and you want him in the lineup.

If he full-out busts, he full out busts. Let him do it here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
If Beckham still has significant trade value left, you have got to look into dealing him this offseason. He's another year away from full-out bust territory.

Only to a team that has a very solid offense at most positions and needs to solidify its infield defense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Scott Diamond holding our offense in check.

a fastball at 90 tops too. Must have movement or he is really deceptive? Of course it might be just another young pitcher we haven't seen before and have no idea what he is going to do on the mound and no plan against him

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
I think he's more likely to be a .225 batting average hitter, but he'll walk enough and hit 18-20 homers if he's a full time starter, which should make him valuable.

and if he can throw i would take that production