8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Yea, this performance would be bad.

THAT IS HOW YOU DEVELOP YOUNG PLAYERS.

You can't simultaneously tell me that the Sox need to trade Danks because he'll be expensive soon and then complain when young players struggle.

Well you can... It just isn't fair.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Well you can... It just isn't fair.

or you can tell with your own eyes that right now, Morel shouldn't be in the majors if he's going to hit like a pansy. Balta has thrown out every possible statistic he can this year to try and make it seem like Morel has been a complete failure...but outside of drawing a few more walks, it's gotten worse due to his defense struggling of late.

scotgregor Scot Gregor

After taking a called thrd strike in 6th, Alex Rios returned to #WhiteSox dugout and connected 3 times on wall by bat rack

CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Then gets a cup of water, sits down, and chucks it.

Rios goes ham in dugout, swings his bat hard three times, striking something harder than he's hit a ball all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Brent Morel, flat out, is not a major league caliber hitter to me. I'm fine going into next year with Beckham batting 9th, but if he has an even worse, weaker hitter behind him, then your offense is likely to suck.

AMEN. Brent Morel, to me, seems like a sissy. Where is the fire with him? Where is the fight? I don't see it. He plays a good D but if he's to stay here he needs to grow a pair at the plate.

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
scotgregor Scot Gregor

After taking a called thrd strike in 6th, Alex Rios returned to #WhiteSox dugout and connected 3 times on wall by bat rack

Then gets a cup of water, sits down, and chucks it.

Rios goes ham in dugout, swings his bat hard three times, striking something harder than he's hit a ball all year.

Can't we just call it a YEAR for Rios Ozzie? Lefty or NOT, I don't give a sh*t.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Does it really matter where "bad" gets put?

Are you serious? Why would you put your worst hitter in the #4 hole? You either don't play him or bury him in the back of the lineup.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Why frasor again and not crain with the off day tomorrow?

No problem with it...maybe Crain is tired. Also, Ozzie views Frasor as more of a long man right now, and prefers Crain in close spots.