8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
He sucks ass too. But please PLEASE PLEASE try and defend Ozzie for today. I would love to hear a logical explanation.

I think Guillen should be fired. I think it's laughable to blame any manager for losing a game when your starter gives up 6 runs in the first.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
How do you feel about Peavy?

Give me a break. You sound like Ozzie, who grand stands in front of the media about "taking responsibility" while at the same time blaming everything on the players. Meaningless platitudes from Ozzie do nothing for me.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Vizquel's terrible and he could have been called on strike on two occasions. We got a break.

Ball 3 should have definitely been a k. Granted, Beckham sucks as well so I really couldn't care less that Omar ph for him.

Even in this "reduced role" Ozzie still allows Adam Dunn to kill us and still manages to let Alex Rios bat clean up while he rots one of our better bats on the bench.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Good luck recovering from this game Ozzie. BTW, righties hit Nathan better than lefties do, and Lillibridge homered off of Nathan a few weeks ago.

f***ing Ozzie. He benches De Aza in favor of Rios then bats Rios fourth! Then he pinch hits Dunn for Lillibridge with the game on the line. Despite the facts you posted, it's all about L/R matchups to Ozzie. That, and proving to the world that he's smarter than everyone else and he makes out the f***ing lineups. I wish KW would kick his ass in the clubhouse in front of all the players after this game.

I normally don't like to add to the anger party in a game thread, but...

Adam Dunn pinch hitting for Lillibridge? SERIOUSLY???? When Lilli already hit a HR?

And did I read the box score right - Zach Stewart ran for PK? WTF was that about?

Why the f*** is Rios hitting cleanup???

These are ALL Ozzie.

And how perfect for 2011 - the Sox very nearly com back again, and the two guys who fail - Rios and Dunn, both on K's. Sounds about right.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
I think Guillen should be fired. I think it's laughable to blame any manager for losing a game when your starter gives up 6 runs in the first.

If you want to go the root of the problem with this game (or any recent game), it's the fact that Rios is hitting 4th and playing CF instead of De Aza.

Vizquel did get a walk, thus cannot say that was a bad decision. Beckham isn't really lighting things up.

The pinch running thing didn't really matter. But that wasn't the worst decision. Paulie is slow and coming off an injury ..thus he is super slow. Need somebody who could score from first on a double (2 outs so runner going with pitch). And you don't want to use one of your better pitchers like Buehrle or Danks to pinch run.

However, with Rios at the plate and striking out...well I could have been the pinch runner is that situation. loL! Rios really should be batting 7th. Even TCM would be a better choice in the clean up position but I like the Tank there ..giving also Konerko some protection.

I thought that they were going to pitch around PK in the ninth. That is what I would have done. He was the tying run at that point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
And did I read the box score right - Zach Stewart ran for PK? WTF was that about?

THis is one move that made sense.

The Bench was empty and PK14 was the tying run at 1st base. Someone had to run for Konerko who could at least have a shot of scoring on a double. Konerko would not have. Stewart was as good of an option as any.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
That doesn't negate the fact that he hits from the left side of the plate. For this manager, that is reason enough to PH.

Just watched "Homer at the Bat" episode of the Simpsons the other day, Burns' move to PH Homer for Darryl Strawberry (who hit 9 HR's that day) because Homer was a righty reminded me so much of Ozzie.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
I normally don't like to add to the anger party in a game thread, but...

Adam Dunn pinch hitting for Lillibridge? SERIOUSLY???? When Lilli already hit a HR?

Why the f*** is Rios hitting cleanup???

These are ALL Ozzie.

And how perfect for 2011 - the Sox very nearly com back again, and the two guys who fail - Rios and Dunn, both on K's. Sounds about right.

Stewart ran for Konerko because Ozzie ran out of bench players. He tried to over-manage this game in the 9th by doing lefty righty matchups and it failed big time.

For crying out loud, we need a damn manager who would actually looks at splits.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I still can't get over the fact that Lillibridge homered off of Nathan less than a month ago, and he was still removed. Nathan's gotten hit much harder by righties this year as well.

I am convinced Ozzie is trying to sabotage this team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
Had no one left to pinch run, had to do something there.

Donny Lucy was still on the bench. He's faster and more used to running. Seems like that is lower risk than losing a pitcher for the game. Flowers gets hurt, worst case, the Sox lose the DH in extras.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Just watched "Homer at the Bat" episode of the Simpsons the other day, Burns' move to PH Homer for Darryl Strawberry (who hit 9 HR's that day) because Homer was a righty reminded me so much of Ozzie.

:lolhitting

Good call.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
THis is one move that made sense.

The Bench was empty and PK14 was the tying run at 1st base. Someone had to run for Konerko who could at least have a shot of scoring on a double. Konerko would not have. Stewart was as good of an option as any.

Should have sent Dunn out to run and let Stewart bat

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Donny Lucy was still on the bench. He's faster and more used to running. Seems like that is lower risk than losing a pitcher for the game. Flowers gets hurt, worst case, the Sox lose the DH in extras.

I bet Stewart is faster, and we know that Ozzie never, ever likes to use his back-up catcher.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)

But those 6 runs didn't score on one pitch....he was batting practice.

You can't put a team in a hole like that...the Sox had some fight in them today - all for nothing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)

I'm sure Stewart is faster than Lucy or at least I wouldn't be surprised. Lets be honest, neither of us know how good of a base runner Donny is but I'd take my chances with Zach there.

Ozzie disgusts me but that's a move that actually made sense imo.