8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Just think, we're watching the highest paid pitcher in Sox history on the mound. What an absolute joke he is. He needs to go back to the NL and go back to whatever routine he used to do.

Only Williams could find an ace with his arm about to fall off - literally.

The fact the Sox even got Peavy told me everyone else knew something was up because the Sox don't outbid other teams for true quality players.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)

The fact the Sox even got Peavy told me everyone else knew something was up because the Sox don't outbid other teams for true quality players.

I've said this before, but it's just a dagger to know how close the Cubs were to getting both Peavy and Dunn.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)

That is 100% revisionist history. Peavy only said he would go to a very few teams. That is why other teams didn't go after him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Hudson for Stewart looks just lovely as well

:lolhitting

GMAB fathom.

Hudson for Jackson was terrible.

Jackson for Stewart still looks promising.

Unless you're saying you can judge everything from Stewart on 3 starts. After all, judging Dan Hudson based on 3 starts worked great.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
I've said this before, but it's just a dagger to know how close the Cubs were to getting both Peavy and Dunn.

We were that close to Fukudome. Although his contract looks excellent compared to Dunn's at the present moment

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
:lolhitting

GMAB fathom.

Hudson for Jackson was terrible.

Jackson for Stewart still looks promising.

Unless you're saying you can judge everything from Stewart on 3 starts. After all, judging Dan Hudson based on 3 starts worked great.

Stewart is not impressive at all to me. Anyway you slice it, going from Hudson to Stewart is awful. They were talking about this on the radio today as well, so it's not just me saying this.

Why did I wake up at 200 am to listen to this crap, lol?

Going to have to reset the alarm and see if we've somehow managed a comeback by 400 am.

Not likely, but it's at least possible to believe in compared to a month ago.

I'm sure the marketing department's going to have lots of fun selling Rios/Peavy/Dunn/Beckham turning things around this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Stewart is not impressive at all to me. Anyway you slice it, going from Hudson to Stewart is awful. They were talking about this on the radio today as well, so it's not just me saying this.

You know I'm as unhappy as anyone about going from Hudson to Jackson. Going from Jackson to Stewart is a smart move.

And I really don't care that you're unimpressed by Stewart after 2 starts. Again, it's the same mistake that was made with Hudson--being unimpressed after 3 starts.