8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
Stewart is not impressive at all to me. Anyway you slice it, going from Hudson to Stewart is awful. They were talking about this on the radio today as well, so it's not just me saying this.

Hudson was suppose to turn into Dunn but Kenny got played.

Could have found out in a lost season Dunn was going to be a bust - may have changed everything.

But I didn't like the Hudson trade no matter what the intention.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Hudson was suppose to turn into Dunn but Kenny got played.

Could have found out in a lost season Dunn was going to be a bust - may have changed everything.

But I didn't like the Hudson trade no matter what the intention.

I thought it was Jackson they actually wanted....and it blew up when they wanted us to give them Viciedo (in addition) instead of Flowers.

Of course, maybe the fact that they also acquired Ramos from the Twins ended the Flowers part of it, as well.

You'd have to wonder why Rizzo would want Jackson over Hudson with a rebuilding team. But who knows what actually happened in reality.

I can't imagine the screaming if we had traded those two guys for Dunn, it would be a lot uglier than the Sox crowd has been with Jake today.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Mark Buehrle is probably the biggest reason for the 6 man rotation this year. He is probably also been the biggest beneficiary for it.

and peavy should have benefited as well.

The thing I hear about peavy is he needs work, skipping him does no good.

Peavy only has a year left on his deal so Danks can slide into his money. I think Floyd and Quentin go in a deal somewhere.

AJ will be the issue

Ummm....why would a struggling franchise pay John Danks $17 million a year?

That's crazy. No way Reinsdorf will do that after this season...they'll trade Danks, Quentin and possibly Thornton (depending on where Sale ends up).

And now we're in the classic "no man's land/in between" situation with our roster whereas it would be better to just play Flowers nearly every day, but we're "stuck" with AJ's $6 million. Maybe we can trade him if we eat $1.5 million...

Edited by caulfield12

Something I was thinking about is that if you know you're going to have to go into next year with The Three Busts, you better try like hell to upgrade at 3rd base. Seems like LF will be De Aza/Lillibridge, Rios in CF, and Viciedo in RF. Catcher is AJP/Flowers, with Konerko at 1B, Alexei at SS, and Beckham at 2B.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
Ummm....why would a struggling franchise pay John Danks $17 million a year?

That's crazy. No way Reinsdorf will do that after this season...they'll trade Danks, Quentin and possibly Thornton (depending on where Sale ends up).

He's not going to make 17 million a year.