That's White Sox loser

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How on God's green earth can Ozzie even think of hitting Dunn for Lillibridge is beyond me. I know it's hindsight and we don't say a thing if Dunn comes through but wow just wow ! Righties hit Nathan better. Lillibridge had homered earlier in the game. Lilillibridge has homered off Nathan this season. Lillibridge stats for August both HR's and RBI beat Rios and Dunn's combined. Lillibridge has had hero written all over him this season.

I usually just go with the flow and say hey thats baseball but what a sad way to end a hot streak and lose ground to Detroit.

I understand and to a point agree with lefty-righty pecentages, but Dunn can't hit the broadside of a barn right now. Every at bat I find myself holding my breath and hoping against hope he is going to pull it off. The outcome of todays game though was set in the top of the first inning. Peavy was not ready.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
I understand and to a point agree with lefty-righty pecentages, but Dunn can't hit the broadside of a barn right now. Every at bat I find myself holding my breath and hoping against hope he is going to pull it off. The outcome of todays game though was set in the top of the first inning. Peavy was not ready.

Nathan's been hit harder by righties this year anyway. There is absolutely no way to defend this move.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Ozzie saying Rios was swinging the bat pretty good in the dugout in the postgame presser.

Well, supposedly Rios took quite a few shots to the dugout wall after he made his third out, to the point that they could be heard in the press box, so yeah I'd believe that.

As fathom pointed out in the game thread, Lillibridge was 1 for 1 with a home run against Nathan and righties hit Nathan better than lefties. So Ozzie pinch hits Dunn for Lillibridge with the game on the line in the ninth even though Lilli already had a HR in the game.

Add the fact that he benched De Aza in favor of Rios and once again batted him fourth.

Ozzie is a terrible manager and should have been fired by now.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Fire Guillen today before he asks for an extention again and makes me puke.

Perhaps we'll get some off-day drama tomorrow - this festering boil on our team's ass is coming to a head and may explode soon.

It won't be pretty.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
For sure. I even saw urine dripping from Nathan's pants.

Screw what he said about Rios. Ozzie batted him 4th and he got a clutch hit earlier but swinging the bat as well as Tank has been ? No way in hell . Dunn Rios Ozzie is fail fail fail ! Lillibridge should have hit , Rios shouldn't being playing and Ozzie can't pack his bags soon enough for me.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Perhaps we'll get some off-day drama tomorrow - this festering boil on our team's ass is coming to a head and may explode soon.

It won't be pretty.

I'm hoping it gets to the point anyone outside the media cares.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
BTW, anyone notice how polished PK has become as a hitter? He's hitting to both sides of the field and does just as much damage without putting the ball in the seats. He should be a keeper.

He's just flat out awesome.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
BTW, anyone notice how polished PK has become as a hitter? He's hitting to both sides of the field and does just as much damage without putting the ball in the seats. He should be a keeper.

Yeah, dude's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)

It won't be pretty.

I was thinking that we might have seen the last home game with Guillen as manager. The seem to want to get compensation from the Marlins though. At this point, I'd just let him go.