That's White Sox loser

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
I was thinking that we might have seen the last home game with Guillen as manager. The seem to want to get compensation from the Marlins though. At this point, I'd just let him go.

I dream of LoMo on the Sox...

Imagine if the Guillens go down to Florida and LoMo is still on the team...Oney vs. LoMo on Twitter will be interesting to see.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Something the last week has made me realize is just how much I love the effort of Konerko, Lillibridge, De Aza, Buehrle, Sale and Santos this year. Even when some of them have struggled, they kept a great attitude.

Fathom u are a kinder gentler fan now that you had the baby.

This season has angered me beyond belief.

You are now calm except for Ozzeroo.

Bernstein just played 5 minutes of Peavy after the game.

--blamed the live park, guys hitting the ball to left field. Not that he was hit hard.

--blames himself for the relief appearance. probably set him back because his arm is dead.

--can't wait for the winter, so he can have a regular offseason

This guy should be shut down TO-DAY. Enough.

Just get Humber and Santiago up here, and finish off the season without this guy.

On the Trib Front page:

Should the White Sox give Guillen new deal?

Ozzie Guillen says he wants to stay with the White Sox in 2012 and beyond -- if he gets a contract extension? Should the team give it to him?

Yes. World Series-winning manager should stay as long as he wants. (842 responses)

33%

No. He has worn out his welcome, so it's time to say goodbye. (1094 responses)

43%

Maybe. Let's see how the Sox finish and what they do next season. (608 responses)

24%

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
On the Trib Front page:

Should the White Sox give Guillen new deal?

Ozzie Guillen says he wants to stay with the White Sox in 2012 and beyond -- if he gets a contract extension? Should the team give it to him?

Yes. World Series-winning manager should stay as long as he wants. (842 responses)

33%

No. He has worn out his welcome, so it's time to say goodbye. (1094 responses)

43%

Maybe. Let's see how the Sox finish and what they do next season. (608 responses)

24%

I saw that yesterday and now even more responses but still surprises me how many think he should have the job for as long as he wants or wait until this season and next plays out. Maybe even shocks me.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Even Ozzir Jr. disagreed with daddy's move to PH Dunn for Lillibridge. Ozzie took a chance exerting his managerial control . If Dunn gets a hit he's looks like a genius but he outsmarted himself and ends up looking like, well ,Ozzie to be kind. Let's hear it people. Get venomous !

Ask Cowley, Ozzie didn't want to pinch hit Dunn for Lillibridge. KW must of called the dugout and demanded it.

I watched the meeting at the mound when Nathan and Butera had two strikes on Dunn. I was thinking what Butera was probably saying:

"We're not walking him; he's the worst contact hitter in the majors. Just throw a fastball right down the middle. He'll never catch up to it."

And so Nathan did.

"Hopefully, further in my career, I'll be the guy that they want up there," Lillibridge said. "I always want to be in there to get the opportunity to win a game or at least give us a chance to win. But I trust in [bench coach] Joey [Cora] and Ozzie and the decisions they make."

"Dunn can go up there and hit the ball out of the ballpark or walk," Guillen said. "Obviously, he struck out, but that's the matchup I liked the best. Unfortunately, it didn't work."

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
"Hopefully, further in my career, I'll be the guy that they want up there," Lillibridge said. "I always want to be in there to get the opportunity to win a game or at least give us a chance to win. But I trust in [bench coach] Joey [Cora] and Ozzie and the decisions they make."

"Dunn can go up there and hit the ball out of the ballpark or walk," Guillen said. "Obviously, he struck out, but that's the matchup I liked the best. Unfortunately, it didn't work."

Because you're an absolute moron.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)

Maybe Ozzie hasn't noticed Lillibridge has more HR's than Dunn in far less AB's . Classy response by Lillibridge.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Bernstein just played 5 minutes of Peavy after the game.

--blamed the live park, guys hitting the ball to left field. Not that he was hit hard.

--blames himself for the relief appearance. probably set him back because his arm is dead.

--can't wait for the winter, so he can have a regular offseason

This guy should be shut down TO-DAY. Enough.

Just get Humber and Santiago up here, and finish off the season without this guy.

Wow. Excuses, excuses. The rah-rah-rah guy can't handle the fact that he flat out sucks. All your energy and encouragement cant help when you give up 6 in the 1st.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
Peavy put himself before the team yet again. Gee, I'm f***ing shocked. Go away Jake, your bulldog bulls*** is beyond old. Stop hurting the team.

Other than having a s***ty game, what do you think Peavy did wrong? Is was his turn to start, what is he supposed to do?

What do you mean by "go away?" He is under contract here where is he supposed to go?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
I saw that yesterday and now even more responses but still surprises me how many think he should have the job for as long as he wants or wait until this season and next plays out. Maybe even shocks me.

The average Sox fan obviously isn't an internet message board user. Ozzie is not hated by most. Nobody has yet proven to me how a team can have a better record than we have with Peavy, Rios and Dunn.

Edited by greg775

Ozzie won't be fired, that's the absolutely sick, disgusting part about it. We will go through the same f***ing s*** for '12 and beyond. No one in this organization has any f***ing balls.

Next year is going to be rough.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
The average Sox fan obviously isn't an internet message board user. Ozzie is not hated by most. Nobody has yet proven to me how a team can have a better record than we have with Peavy, Rios and Dunn.

I know this is a waste of my time, but I'll bite. The problem is that with a manager who is so poor with in game managing, he stakes his entire reputation on things like "getting the most out of his players." Ozzie definitely hasn't done that in the cases of Peavy, Rios, and Dunn. It's not so much that I blame him for their failures; rather it's that if he can't get these guys motivated to turn around their seasons, what can he do? It's certainly not developing young players. It's certainly not making good moves in a game. It's certainly not filling out a line up card. What is it? Other than being a pompous ass, I see nothing that Ozzie Guillen is good at.

Rios has pissed me off all season because of his lack of hustle, his seemingly calavier attitude towards the game, and the fact that he's just terrible this year. I feel bad for Dunn, but I don't want to see him at the plate when the game is up to him. As far as Peavy, I don't think he'll ever be the same again. I really don't dislike him, although he seems to talk too much. Ozzie, however, just makes me want to bang my head against a wall, repeatedly. If his decision to bat Rios 4th AND PH Dunn for Lillibridge doesn't display his complete lack of managerial sense I don't know what will.