That's White Sox loser

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
The average Sox fan obviously isn't an internet message board user. Ozzie is not hated by most. Nobody has yet proven to me how a team can have a better record than we have with Peavy, Rios and Dunn.

Pro-tip for you: don't play Rios/Dunn ever again this season and odds are quite high the team will be better.

I'd love to see you defend the 9th inning yesterday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
The average Sox fan obviously isn't an internet message board user. Ozzie is not hated by most. Nobody has yet proven to me how a team can have a better record than we have with Peavy, Rios and Dunn.

and with beckham and morel

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)

I just think we're the hardcore die hards here on Soxtalk. Baseball has always been my 1st love as a sport though I played way more basketball. The Sox always my favorite Chicago team from early in my youth. That World Series win means everything to Sox fans less demanding than most of us. It means a helluva lot to me too as I come from a long line of Sox fans but enough is enough already.

I was so used to the Sox losing year after year and being the butt of jokes with their uniform changes and lived through times where it appeared there would be no more Chicago White Sox baseball when there were strong attempts to move the franchise. When you grow up with all that I can understand why that WS win means so much. Soxtalk has a much younger though still die hard core. If they had gone through with the Sox what many older fans have their perspective would be different.

All that being said. Last night was the straw that not only broke the camels back but blew the camel into millions of little pieces.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
Pro-tip for you: don't play Rios/Dunn ever again this season and odds are quite high the team will be better.

I'd love to see you defend the 9th inning yesterday.

He won't because he can't, that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen a manager make...

Earth to Ozzie, Dunn isn't just having an off year, his suckiness is historically bad, you do not PH Dunn for ANYONE at this point, numb nuts!

FIRE OZZIE

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
He won't because he can't, that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen a manager make...

Earth to Ozzie, Dunn isn't just having an off year, his suckiness is historically bad, you do not PH Dunn for ANYONE at this point, numb nuts!

FIRE OZZIE

Maybe back in early July you could roll Dunn up there hoping he gets pitched around and draws a walk. Everybody in baseball, including bat boys and mascots, knows that Dunn cannot hit a baseball right now. Well, I guess everyone but Ozzie knows. If Dunn is having an historically bad year, Ozzie's move have Dunn PH was an historically bad move.

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Guys, greg is obviously a troll.... There is no way somebody can be that unreasonable. Ozzie could kill a player and he'd find a reason to defend him. "You wouldn't commit murder with the team the sox have now? Kenny deserves just as much blame if not more."

He has to be a troll. just ignore him.

And comments like these generally are ridiculous. I'll leave it at that.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:08 AM)
Maybe back in early July you could roll Dunn up there hoping he gets pitched around and draws a walk. Everybody in baseball, including bat boys and mascots, knows that Dunn cannot hit a baseball right now. Well, I guess everyone but Ozzie knows. If Dunn is having an historically bad year, Ozzie's move have Dunn PH was an historically bad move.

The funny thing was I saw it coming I said to the guy I was watching the game with " do you think Ozzie will put Dunn up here" as sort of a half joke. My mind had already processed 1) Ozzie prefers veterans 2) Dunn is LH, pitcher is RH, Lillibridge is RH and 3) despite his very good August stats has been nothing more than a defensive replacement the few games prior to his start .

A second after I asked before my friend could answer the camera switched to Dunn in the on deck circle. At that point I blurted out " No way " !!! Then I saw things in the game thread about Lillibridge had homered off Nathan last time the Sox played the Twins which I had forgotten and RH's hit Nathan better which I also was unaware of but surely a ML manager should know and at least have at his fingertips from advanced stats and/or coaches.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
The funny thing was I saw it coming I said to the guy I was watching the game with " do you think Ozzie will put Dunn up here" as sort of a half joke. My mind had already processed 1) Ozzie prefers veterans 2) Dunn is LH, pitcher is RH, Lillibridge is RH and 3) despite his very good August stats has been nothing more than a defensive replacement the few games prior to his start .

A second after I asked before my friend could answer the camera switched to Dunn in the on deck circle. At that point I blurted out " No way " !!! Then I saw things in the game thread about Lillibridge had homered off Nathan last time the Sox played the Twins which I had forgotten and RH's hit Nathan better which I also was unaware of but surely a ML manager should know and at least have at his fingertips from advanced stats and/or coaches.

Ozzie Bevington doesn't believe in stats. It's all about his gut.

I missed the play in question (I had resigned that we were losing this game in the 5th inning), but given everything it's one of the worst in-game moves of his career.

I won't disagree that Ozzie makes terrible in-game decisions in general. I just don't know how many other managers make good ones.

The sad thing is that the team couldn't really be playing much better right now in terms of W/L over the past three weeks. Det just can't lose enough for us right now. In a vacuum, all of us would obviously take 2/3 from any series (and certainly 16 of 24)

If we lose friday the season is over.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:33 AM)
Ozzie Bevington doesn't believe in stats. It's all about his gut.

Maybe he should use his brain once in a while. Eh, nevermind, scratch that too. It's just so crazy now seeing Soxtalkers saying numerous times they truly believe Ozzie is putting his own agenda before the team. That thought has crossed my mind too but that would be a banned from baseball offense if proven which of course it can't be. But I really wonder sometimes if that isn't the case.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
I missed the play in question (I had resigned that we were losing this game in the 5th inning), but given everything it's one of the worst in-game moves of his career.

I won't disagree that Ozzie makes terrible in-game decisions in general. I just don't know how many other managers make good ones.

The sad thing is that the team couldn't really be playing much better right now in terms of W/L over the past three weeks. Det just can't lose enough for us right now. In a vacuum, all of us would obviously take 2/3 from any series (and certainly 16 of 24)

If we lose friday the season is over.

I know you get a lot of undeserved grief around here for supposedly Kool-Aid views. I kept watching because I always do and the previous game they had come back twice from 3 run deficits to win and the Knight Sox connection has dramatically changed this team.

If you watch TV sports news I really didn't see the move discussed at all except for Comcast calling it a "curious" decision but not going into detail about it. MLB network said nothing about it at all but they have so many games to cover and spend only a few minutes showing highlights for each game. I have yet to read online or blog accounts of the move though I will shortly. Southsidesox.com is the best when it comes to commentary on the Sox.

Don't we have to face Verlander on Friday ? I won't say that's a make or break game so I might be even more optimistic than you but if we do lose on Friday just gotta win the remaining 2.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
Maybe he should use his brain once in a while. Eh, nevermind, scratch that too. It's just so crazy now seeing Soxtalkers saying numerous times they truly believe Ozzie is putting his own agenda before the team. That thought has crossed my mind too but that would be a banned from baseball offense if proven which of course it can't be. But I really wonder sometimes if that isn't the case.

I truly believe it is at this point. And yeah he would be banned...but how could you possibly prove it unless he admitted to it?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)

Dan Bernstein on the radio made some compelling points yesterday about that topic.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
BALTA can you pull the following information

Sox team projected WAR at the start of the season

The current White Sox WAR

This will give us an indication as to what kind of job guillen is doing and what kind of job he should have been doing.

Many players have cost this organization games when it was appropriate for Ozzie to be starting those players.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
Many players have cost this organization games when it was appropriate for Ozzie to be starting those players.

You're right . We had that stinky stretch from April to May where we lost 18 out of 24. Still the division was there for the taking if management had stopped relying on Dunn and Rios much earlier. Not April and May but by the end of June early July hell even the All star break or trade deadline would have made a difference if we can use how De Aza and Viciedo are doing now as a guage.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Where does Peavy get off talking about how he just wants to get to the off season so he can return to normal? What a f***ing asshole. I've been a defender of this guy up to today but no more, not after those remarks he made. Narcissistic jag. The Tigers magic # is what, 24? And this guy is talking like it's over.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
BALTA can you pull the following information

Sox team projected WAR at the start of the season

The current White Sox WAR

This will give us an indication as to what kind of job guillen is doing and what kind of job he should have been doing.

The WAR projections are seemingly more than I can do, Fangraphs doesn't appear to publish that except based on fan voting.