9/1 games

danman31

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
God damn, Axelrod seems pretty legit. I wonder if he gets a fair shot with us, or is traded off since we are like 6 starters deep for next year.

You're assuming Buehrle resigns, Peavy's arm isn't amputated, Sale can hang as a starter, Danks isn't traded, and Humber was nothing more than a first-half fluke?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
You're assuming Buehrle resigns, Peavy's arm isn't amputated, Sale can hang as a starter, Danks isn't traded, and Humber was nothing more than a first-half fluke?

And just cause you didn't mention them, because Stewart's mullet doesn't catches on fire and Floyd doesn't smell?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 01:35 AM)

I was figuring Peavy-Danks-Floyd-Humber-Stewart-Sale and then you can throw in Santiago and maybe even Davis who are all ahead of Axelrod. I would say Axel is like #9 in line, and that's assuming Buehrle walks.

Yeah its hard not to like Axelrod's results, and I always like a pitcher in the minors who gets stronger as the year goes on. Shows a good potential for being able to pitch major league starter innings. Axel's last 4 starts: 26.2 IP, 15 H, 3 ER, 5 BB, 23 K (1.01 ERA, 0.75 WHIP).

Also, Kevan Smith with another multi-hit game, dude is still on fire. .472/.548/.889/1.437 in last 10 games.