Walker and Williams Argue

elrockinMT

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Wow, that shows you how clueless the chairman is. If I was Kenny I would resign, he has no power. Any decision he makes will be overturned by Jerry

The game has passed the chairman by he needs to sell the team.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
The game has passed the chairman by he needs to sell the team.

The game always remains the same IMO. What we are seeing is a man with a different owner/manager philosophy and that ain't all bad

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
That team is going to be flippin' good for a while. I'm known as the ultimate prospect overrater. But Skaggs and Bauer are the truth. And they've already got Kennedy and Hudson primed to start games 1 and 2 against Philly.

3 years ago the same thing would have been written about drew, young, and Reynolds as their core.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
KW needs to clean out his locker.

KW needs to laugh all the way to the bank as he cashes another one of his paychecks. JR pays him GM salary without any GM responsibilities. He can't tell his manager whom to play, he can't hire or fire a manager as he chooses, heck, he can't even fire a lowly batting coach without the owner interfering. KW should continue to be a yes man to JR and kiss his ass--that's the way you keep your lifelong job for the White Sox under Jerry's regime.

Maybe Jerry and Eddie will put the Sox back on Pay-per-view again next season so we can break our viewing habit and get this team out of our summers. Can't wait to see them convince Governor Quinn to spend billions of taxpayer money to build another monstrosity of a stadium so that they can renovate it over the following decades to make it somewhat nice.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
thats what you glean from this? really?

Yes. Of course he should take Ozzie with him. Personally, if Florida wants to give me something for Ozzie, he gone. He can have all of his coaches. KW can go hang out at his restaurant, or maybe with Dave Wilder. Its time to start anew. Its probably been time for a couple of years. Besides, if you have an argument with someone, and have a temper so bad you fire them on the spot, you have other issues.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
I swear...I've never been a DBag fan...but i am green with envy of the culture that staff of Gibson, Don Baylor and Trammel has instilled in that team. Gibson is the kind of manager that I always envisioned my pipe dream for Sox manager (Carlton Fisk) would be. It's just time for change...

Same here. Plus their park and prices are a very pleasant experience.

Great move by JR, terrible move by KW, and about as good as he could with the cards dealt by Walker.

A. You do not make personnel changes during an argument. You don't quit, you don't fire someone.

B. JR smoothed things over, but probably just until the end of the season.

And an apparent difference of opinion between Williams and Walker, whose future past 2011 is in question, according to two team sources.

"They are two grown men talking," Guillen said. "I don't have any details. Walk tried to tell me, and I said that wasn't any of my business."

Said Walker: "I learned a long time ago the rule of baseball is what goes on in the clubhouse, stays in the clubhouse. That's where I'm going to leave it."

Two weeks after Williams said it wasn't too early to suggest that struggling Gordon Beckham's career was at a crossroads, Walker said Saturday:

"The only thing I'll say about Gordon is that he's still a kid in this game. He's just a kid. He's learning how to play here and working as hard as any player I've ever coached."

Guillen, meanwhile, scoffed at suggestions that his hope for a new contract posed a distraction.

"If people think we're horse(bleep) because I made that comment, (bleep) them too," Guillen said. "I respect my players more than anything."

Ozzie's starting to remind me of Emperor Commodus in Gladiator. "The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end, Ozzie."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 07:05 AM)
And an apparent difference of opinion between Williams and Walker, whose future past 2011 is in question, according to two team sources.

"They are two grown men talking," Guillen said. "I don't have any details. Walk tried to tell me, and I said that wasn't any of my business."

Said Walker: "I learned a long time ago the rule of baseball is what goes on in the clubhouse, stays in the clubhouse. That's where I'm going to leave it."

Two weeks after Williams said it wasn't too early to suggest that struggling Gordon Beckham's career was at a crossroads, Walker said Saturday:

"The only thing I'll say about Gordon is that he's still a kid in this game. He's just a kid. He's learning how to play here and working as hard as any player I've ever coached."

Guillen, meanwhile, scoffed at suggestions that his hope for a new contract posed a distraction.

"If people think we're horse(bleep) because I made that comment, (bleep) them too," Guillen said. "I respect my players more than anything."

Ozzie's starting to remind me of Emperor Commodus in Gladiator. "The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end, Ozzie."

What, 27 days to go? It's almost over. I can feel it. This is going to be the most interesting/entertaining offseason in years, even more so than the one following 05. Heads are gonna roll. If not, I'm cheering for another baseball team in '12.

Marty34, I mean Joe Cowley will hopefully be following the Guillen family to Florida the same way that Brian Windhorst followed Lebron to Miami. Just go away. I do not want to hear another thing from Joe, Ozzie, or any of Ozzie's spoiled, idiotic, petulent children. I always heard that Ibis Guillen was a strong, nice lady. My god she must be.

Always remmeber there is next year. Ozzie sticks up for himself and there is nothing wrong with that and we have good players who are having bad years. Do some tweaking and some look at themselves in the mirror and make the needed changes this off season and 2012 can be a fun time for sure. Cause this year was no so much

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Always remmeber there is next year. Ozzie sticks up for himself and there is nothing wrong with that and we have good players who are having bad years. Do some tweaking and some look at themselves in the mirror and make the needed changes this off season and 2012 can be a fun time for sure. Cause this year was no so much

Forget Ozzie and forget JR and the White Sox if Ozzie is still here next season.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)

Ozzie sticking up for himself is the same as me and 2k5 sticking up for ourselves on something political. No one gets anywhere, and it just drags on forever, to the point that anyone watching wants them to just shut up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Ozzie sticking up for himself is the same as me and 2k5 sticking up for ourselves on something political. No one gets anywhere, and it just drags on forever, to the point that anyone watching wants them to just shut up.

Yeah, but you end it still friends right? And it's not personal. Winning changes everything. Maybe 2012 becomes the make or break for Ozzie, the coaches and KW

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Yeah, but you end it still friends right? And it's not personal. Winning changes everything. Maybe 2012 becomes the make or break for Ozzie, the coaches and KW

Um, when you put all of your chips on a poker table and say "I'm all in"...that is sort of your "Make or break" hand.

You don't get another shot once you go "all in" and find a losing hand.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
This tired old soap opera needs to come to an end. The future of the franchise is at stake. Also remember that while you're sticking up for Ozzie for sticking up for himself that he does it in an angry and vindictive manner. What franchise allows its manager to continually berate the fan base in a most angry manner? Honestly the continued enabling of all things Ozzie is very old.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)

What planet are you from? Now 2012 is the make or break year? And when that bombs will 2013 be the make or break year? Jesus.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)

MAYBE 2012 is the year?!

You sound ridiculous right now.

Why exactly should any of those names be given another season? I'll take a guess -- "see what happens with Dunn, maybe Guillen will understand not to hesitate substituting struggling veterans, watch young players progress with team." But then there's always the unexpected, every season has it. A surprise injury, or maybe another mystery player or two under performs. You'll never have your perfect term by which to judge the coaches and general manager.

Edited by Flash Tizzle