Game Thread: Sox v. Tigers 3:10pm Sept. 3, 2011

Downtown518

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
Detroit really has no chance in the playoffs. Its hard to believe they've won as many games as they have with that rotation.

They have a good offense. Their pitching just needs to keep them in the game.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
Detroit really has no chance in the playoffs. Its hard to believe they've won as many games as they have with that rotation.

Which makes this season even more maddening. You could almost accept another pimp-smack from the Twins. But they've (the Twins) been dead man walking for pretty much the entire season and they're still going to be clearing out their lockers come October 1st.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Which makes this season even more maddening. You could almost accept another pimp-smack from the Twins. But they've (the Twins) been dead man walking for pretty much the entire season and they're still going to be clearing out their lockers come October 1st.

Do you think porcello is ever going to figure it out?

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Do you think porcello is ever going to figure it out?

Mediocre peripherals for the most part. But it's hard to believe he's only 22. There's still a fair chance he could live up to his perceived potential. Worst-case you have a solid #4. Scherzer is the one they need to get back to last season's level.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Awesome, thank you so much.

You're welcome. Just for the hell of it, I looked up the box score (the game was on August 10, 1990, not August 11) to see if the next hitter avoided getting drilled. He did. It was Lance Johnson ........ no doubt with happy feet. He grounded out 3rd to 1st. :lol:

QUOTE (ottawa_sox @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
You're welcome. Just for the hell of it, I looked up the box score (the game was on August 10, 1990, not August 11) to see if the next hitter avoided getting drilled. He did. It was Lance Johnson ........ no doubt with happy feet. He grounded out 3rd to 1st. :lol:

I was only 7. But I still have vivid memories of that 1990 team. Arguably the most exciting team in Sox History.